History today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
    Lol Sure am buddy!

Annoyingly though EVERYONE seems to have an uneducated opinion on who is at fault and who will win, ***** on boxing in general even though they have never seen a fight in years or one not involving Hatton or Calzaghe! I dont know about cricket so u know what i do - choose not to comment!

On Berto vs Vic Ortiz - Im all over that one, i expect a very good fight. Berto will try and box, fail at that and then we have another shoot out with Ortiz coming out on top for a UD. Ortiz is rarely if ever in a bad fight...

i can see ortiz and berto II being exciting if they are in condition to go 12 rounds

the second half of their last fight was nothing like the first half. both guys looked gassed. if ortiz can do anything other than what we've seen from him so far i'll be shocked
    i've never seen him improve. not once.

i think it's going to be round 13. both guys are there to be hit, and they can both bang. if they're willing to take the risks at this stage in their careers and are in condition it might be another slugfest

if either guy isnt willing to give a fight like the first one he's probably on the back end of his career
    these arent craftsmen
    they are worker bees with big stingers

ortiz has been stopped twice, once after a serious beating (against maidana) and was in a 12 round war with berto. he's looking at a short career.
    Last edited by New England; 01-11-2012, 05:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Come on, man.

There is simply no way that Pacquaio after all his experience doesn't know that it's Bob Arum that works for him.

He say's that because Bob Arum ultimately makes his fights for him. It doesn't mean he can't stand up and say 'I want that fight'.

He absolutely knows this, it would be silly to think he didn't. He's not an idiot.

Pac has put his foot down before, he needs to do it now where it matters.

He's not going to, though. I've made my mind up with all the bull**** Arum has come out with the past week and especially today that he obviously doesn't want the fight and in result neither does Pacquaio.

Of course Pacquiao knows that he has the final word. It's just that it appears that he trusts his advisors and promoters completly, and would rather not be bothered with the gruelling process of contract negotiations. Kind of like when a screenplay writer offers his script to a big name actor. The actor may direct the writer to submit it to his agent whose judgement he trusts.

Like I said in my first comments, if there isn't at least negotiations for this fight, Pacquaio ultimately has to absorb the blame.
      Last edited by Scott9945; 01-11-2012, 08:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
        Of course Pacquiao knows that he has the final word. It's just that it appears that he trusts his advisors and promoters completly, and would rather not be bothered with the gruelling process of contract negotiations. Kind of like when a screenplay writer offers his script to a big name actor. The actor may direct the writer to submit it to his agent whose judgement he trusts.

Like I said in my first comments, if there isn't at least negotiations for this fight, Pacquaio ultimately has to absorb the blame.
        In that case, I agree entirely.

Comment

• Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
          Any thoughts on the outcome of the Ortiz-Berto rematch? Although Berto won his last fight his defense was terrible and he seemed to be wide open. For this reason I think Ortiz will stop him this time. Opinions?
          I forgave Ortiz for the Maidana fight, but after his last pathetic performance I wouldn't bet on him with your money. Talented fighter, but total headcase. His showing in the Mayweather fight was embarrassing to watch. I'm going to assume the first fight was the fluke and pick Berto in the rematch. This time it will be Berto who finishes strong.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
            i can see ortiz and berto II being exciting if they are in condition to go 12 rounds

the second half of their last fight was nothing like the first half. both guys looked gassed. if ortiz can do anything other than what we've seen from him so far i'll be shocked
            i've never seen him improve. not once.

i think it's going to be round 13. both guys are there to be hit, and they can both bang. if they're willing to take the risks at this stage in their careers and are in condition it might be another slugfest

if either guy isnt willing to give a fight like the first one he's probably on the back end of his career
            these arent craftsmen
            they are worker bees with big stingers

ortiz has been stopped twice, once after a serious beating (against maidana) and was in a 12 round war with berto. he's looking at a short career.
            Ortiz fought a torrent pace last time i felt, he comes in in top shape everytime out. Berto has had his stamina problems but it at least seems that he is trying to address them and he should be in better shape this time around. I think we have a great fight on our hands, round 13 as u say

I agree a loss would be terrible for either guy here, win losee or draw i cant see either guy having a prolonged career, Ortiz in particular - the guy has took so many hared flush shots already. Vic REALLY needs to keep his defence in mind when he attacks for the finish, its been more than a couple of times now that he's tried to bum rush a hurt opponent and ran into a big shot! Even Esalas dropped him this way...

Im picking Vic to UD Andre but a KO either way woiuldnt shock me and infact while i think Berto would struggle to win a decision it wouldnt surprise me too much if Vic lost a few points for KD's and had a deduction or two (he is rough and after the Mayweather fight people will be looking for it) that ultimately cost him on the cards! Great match up between two of the game's young gun slingers

Comment

I forgave Ortiz for the Maidana fight, but after his last pathetic performance I wouldn't bet on him with your money. Talented fighter, but total headcase. His showing in the Mayweather fight was embarrassing to watch. I'm going to assume the first fight was the fluke and pick Berto in the rematch. This time it will be Berto who finishes strong.
              I thought he was (while losing) fighting well and putting on a good account of himself vs Floyd, roughing Floyd up was smart too but THAT Headbutt was disgusting and totally out of line....He took it too far with that. Then he REALLY blew it, where's this kids head at, seriously???

Comment

So I guess everyone pretty much agrees that Ortiz has hit the Zab Judah level, where we never know when he will look like a million bucks or fight like a moron. You're never comfortable picking for or against him unless he's fighting someone above his level like Mayweather was. Since people expect him to win against Berto this time, I'm just not comforable with a pick either way.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  So I guess everyone pretty much agrees that Ortiz has hit the Zab Judah level, where we never know when he will look like a million bucks or fight like a moron. You're never comfortable picking for or against him unless he's fighting someone above his level like Mayweather was. Since people expect him to win against Berto this time, I'm just not comforable with a pick either way.
                  Zab Judah is a very reasonable comparison.

Comment

LOL Strong words aginst Ortiz that I can't argue against. But I still see him winning because Berto can't get away with the things he does against Ortiz who will hit him hard.

Comment

• Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                      LOL Strong words aginst Ortiz that I can't argue against. But I still see him winning because Berto can't get away with the things he does against Ortiz who will hit him hard.
                      Pretty much summed it up right there, for me anyway

Cracking fight non the less

Comment

Working...
                      X