No announcement yet.

History today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1SILVA View Post
    Who do you feel should be comeback fighter of the year? I think it should be between Cristian Mijares and Bernard Hopkins.

What about round of the year?

The Juanma-Concepcion first round was tremendous.

I honestly haven't kept up with Mijares so I can't comment on him. But I think Hopkins will win it even though outside of two ugly fights and the close loss to Calzaghe he really hasn't wandered far from the top. I think the voters will want to be part of the history and nostalgia of a 46 year old man being so great, so far into his life as boxing goes.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

I honestly haven't kept up with Mijares so I can't comment on him. But I think Hopkins will win it even though outside of two ugly fights and the close loss to Calzaghe he really hasn't wandered far from the top. I think the voters will want to be part of the history and nostalgia of a 46 year old man being so great, so far into his life as boxing goes.
      Off topic but do you know how to report someone sending you racist messages in their red K comment and dont worry it wasn't from the history section.

Comment

Originally posted by rubensonnny View Post
        Off topic but do you know how to report someone sending you racist messages in their red K comment and dont worry it wasn't from the history section.

Not sure there is a way besides PMing BigPoppaPump. There is a thread about this in the comments & suggestions section. I'd post this there and let everyone know the guys name. Hopefully the admins would look more closely at scumbags who names keep reappearing.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

Not sure there is a way besides PMing BigPoppaPump. There is a thread about this in the comments & suggestions section. I'd post this there and let everyone know the guys name. Hopefully the admins would look more closely at scumbags who names keep reappearing.
          Yeah I will do that it was Steelhammer2010 and he called me a ******ed n.igga for sayin Vitali had never defeated anyone of note seriously stuff like this make me not want to use the internet. Thanks Jab, enjoy your holidays, you were the first poster to give me green when I first joined

Comment

Originally posted by rubensonnny View Post
            Yeah I will do that it was Steelhammer2010 and he called me a ******ed n.igga for sayin Vitali had never defeated anyone of note seriously stuff like this make me not want to use the internet. Thanks Jab, enjoy your holidays, you were the first poster to give me green when I first joined
            Don't let a scumbag like that ruin it for you on here. Agree or disagree, your contributions matter and are appreciated.

You enjoy your holidays as well my friend.

Comment

is it just me or is mosely-pacquiao, Ali-Holmes version 2.0?

Comment

Originally posted by DarkTerror88 View Post
                It's not good, but I pray that it isn't that bad.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkTerror88 View Post
                  That's a sig worthy quote. Genius.

Comment

No dout, Sergio Martinez deserves fighter of the year for 2010. Ended Kelly Pavlik 3 year Middleweight title reign with a clear points verdict.

Then goes and knocks out Paul Williams in one of the most brutal KO's in boxing history in just 2 rounds. Williams was rated inside the top 5 P4P by Ring Magazine going into the fight.

Heck of a year, from Martinez.

If Mayweather vs Pacquiao can't be made, I would would love to see either go up and challage Martinez at 160lb.

Comment

Martinez has to get FOTY. No other logical choice. Then again, I've seen weirder choices in these categories.

Comeback or even FOTY in 2008 should most definitely have gone to the batty crab Vic Darchinyan but instead went to Big Klit and Pacman.

Anyway....knocking out Windmill Williams in a FOTY rematch/revenge fight and winning the 160 title over Pissed Pavlik beats anything anyone else had done.

Comment

Working...
                      X