Collapse
No announcement yet.

History today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who would you guys vote for as fighter of the year and fight of the year?

My two picks for fighter of the year are either Sergio Martinez or Giovanni Segura

My two picks for fight of the year would be between Segura-Calderon and Marquez-Katsidis.

Comment

Originally posted by 1SILVA View Post

My two picks for fighter of the year are either Sergio Martinez or Giovanni Segura

My two picks for fight of the year would be between Segura-Calderon and Marquez-Katsidis.
      Fighter of the year - Sergio Martinez

Fight of the year - Hopkins-Pascal

I know there were better fights than Hop-Psc, but I would bet it wins fight FOY.

Comment

To me Martinez is an easy choice. He beat two HBO main eventers impressively.

For the fight I'd pick Khan-Maidana, with JMM-Katsidis and Soto-Antillon close runners up.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

I know there were better fights than Hop-Psc, but I would bet it wins fight FOY.
          Fight of the year will be a very interesting pick this year. I suspect the sentiment for Hop-Psc is based more on BH's age defying skills and the fight rising far above the low expectations people usually have for his fights.

Comment

I hope it doesn't. I agree with your pick of martinez, but Segura-Calderon, Marque-Katsidis, Lopez-Marquez and Khan-Maidana were so much better than Hopkins-Pascal. Sergio will probably win because fighters under 135 pounds, with a few exceptions, rarely ever win FOTY. Once again Jab, great thread you created.

Comment

I hope it doesn't. I agree with your pick of martinez, but Segura-Calderon, Marque-Katsidis, Lopez-Marquez and Khan-Maidana were so much better than Hopkins-Pascal. Sergio will probably win because fighters under 135 pounds, with a few exceptions, rarely ever win FOTY.
              Being the last fight of 2010 and as exciting and controversial as it was will probably get the nod. That and the fact of Hopkins age and performance. I just think it'll be to much for the voters to overlook, but we'll see.

Once again Jab, great thread you created.

I can take no credit as all I did was put it up. This was the brain child of better and much wiser posters than myself. Im just glad its working out ok.

Comment

I just watched the Hopkins vs Pascal fight it was a good fight. I thought Hopkins did much better in the fight but was unfortunate that he was knocked down twice. Otherwise he would have won fairly easy. I would like to see a rematch but aparently Pascal is fighting Dawson next. Here's how I scored the fight. I thought a draw was the right decision because the fight was close only because of somewhat cheap knockdowns that did not really hurt hopkins.

round 1. 10 - 8 for Pascal due to the knock down.

round 2. 10 - 9 for Pascal, but this round was close.

round 3. 10 - 8 for Pascal due to knock down.

round 4. 10 - 10 close round.

round 5. 10 - 10 close round.

round 6. 10 - 9 for Hopkins.

round 7. 10 -9 for Hopkins.

round 8. 10 - 9 for Hopkins, but this was a close round.

round 9. 10 - 9 for Hopkins.

round 10. 10 - 9 for Hopkins, this round was close also.

round 11. 10 - 9 for Hopkins

round 12. 10 - 10 not sure who won the round.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                  To me Martinez is an easy choice. He beat two HBO main eventers impressively.

For the fight I'd pick Khan-Maidana, with JMM-Katsidis and Soto-Antillon close runners up.
                  I agree with both of those picks.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                    Fight of the year will be a very interesting pick this year. I suspect the sentiment for Hop-Psc is based more on BH's age defying skills and the fight rising far above the low expectations people usually have for his fights.

This is what Im also thinking.

Comment

This is what Im also thinking.
                      Who do you feel should be comeback fighter of the year? I think it should be between Cristian Mijares and Bernard Hopkins.

What about round of the year?

The Juanma-Concepcion first round was tremendous.

Comment

Working...
                      X