No announcement yet.

History today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Try being from the UK and waiting up until 3-5 Am.

I still wait up until that time. It's not doing my body well
    Its hard work being a boxing fan over here,i swear the Pac/Hatton fight didnt start until about 6 the amount of red bull vodkas i was having too drink in the pub was ridiculous

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
      that would be paradise!
      Around here they start anywhere from 4PM-8PM.

Poet
      Last edited by StarshipTrooper; 09-11-2011, 11:54 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Demon View Post
        Its hard work being a boxing fan over here,i swear the Pac/Hatton fight didnt start until about 6 the amount of red bull vodkas i was having too drink in the pub was ridiculous
        Wow. Poor u Demon, that sounds horrendously hard work

Comment

• Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
          Wow. Poor u Demon, that sounds horrendously hard work
          Reading my post back,i shouldnt expect too much sympathy

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
            i'm going to stop complaining about 11pm start times haha

gamboa looked way off last night.
            it's almost like he's playing around in there for about 2 mins and 15 seconds of each round.

he needs bigger sparring partners with a 3 minute work ethic to break that habit i think.

get him in there with rios lol
            probably only 15 to 20 lbs of difference. he'd learn quick.

and he called out pacquiao no less!

you're a young man
            you've got your whole life ahead of you
            don't just throw it away like that haha
            Gamboa controls the distance brilliantly, and then theres that speed. Boy is he quick! Man can bang too and when he lets his hands go the class is evident but ur right, he looks like he's just fooling around in there and he needs to fight more of the round rather than 20 30 seconds...

I get the impression its all too easy for him. He needs a test to bring out the best in him. ***** Rios vs Gamboa - im down for that and guess what im not sure who id pick...

Lol i know right, Pacquaio!? Steady son he's 4 divisions north and the baddest mother on the planet!

BTW 9am, paradise!? You old Fart!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
              Gamboa controls the distance brilliantly, and then theres that speed. Boy is he quick! Man can bang too and when he lets his hands go the class is evident but ur right, he looks like he's just fooling around in there and he needs to fight more of the round rather than 20 30 seconds...

I get the impression its all too easy for him. He needs a test to bring out the best in him. ***** Rios vs Gamboa - im down for that and guess what im not sure who id pick...

Lol i know right, Pacquaio!? Steady son he's 4 divisions north and the baddest mother on the planet!

BTW 9am, paradise!? You old Fart!
              when he called out pacquiao i almost fell over
              gotta love the confidence i guess
              cant knock the chase of paper. he's a capitalist now.

and ye, a fight at 9 am on a sunday or saturday would be bliss ^^

i'd only wish for ppv type fights to be on during the evening
              for. .. celebrating pur

and even then
              7pm, please. maybe 8 o'clock. get the main event on by ten

Comment

• OMFG!

WELL!? What do the history boys make of that **** last night!?

Here's my take, starting with the under card

Canelo lost a few rounds to Gomez but it seemed he was allowing it while he tried to score with devastating counters, showing a different look. It cost him some rounds against a busy guy in Gomez and his lack of jab was a problem but when he used it it looked good. He had the look of a fighter who knew he was gonna stop his man sooner or later and he did, all be it controversially. The ref jumped in way to quick, Gomez was riding out the storm and tucking up pretty well but he was gettin stopped, if not then, then soon enough. Still quick stoppage.

Morales i love. But he didnt look the fighter even of the Maidana fight and he's lucky it wasnt Matthyse in there with him i think. He entertained as always and was on his way to winning even without the TKO but he had to work for it against the youngster.Mexico's first 4 weight champion? Hmm, he was pretty much given the belt so to me it dont mean much but im sure he's happy. Erik vs Bradley or Khan will be sad affairs. Especially Khan, Morales will look like he's in slow motion and will struggle to get off. Khan stops him. That would mean Amir Khan has stoppages wins over two of mexico's finest in Morales and Barrera and thats sad. Hell before alls said and done he might end up with all three of the three amigo's in his win column (Marquez being the third).

Now the juicy one! Ortiz i thought was in the fight and showed some of the qualitys that made people (the few there were) give him a chance. He even won one of the few rounds fought, not an easy feat or something Floyd is used to. He seemed to (having watched only once at stupid oClock) hurt Money a bit, just a bit but stun him at least before Floyd started making him miss against the ropes with his excellent defence. Ortiz probably frustrated and just totally jacked up stuck a vicious looking and 100% deliberate headbutt on Mayweather and was rightly docked a point, id have taken two for that ****. Clearly as soon as the ref called it Vic knew he'd boobed and tried to apologies. Cortez dropped the ball AGAIN. Why wasnt he watching the fighters at that point!? They touched gloves and backed out, Floyd already pissed off and looking to hurt Ortiz wasnt gonna be giving him any favours out of sportsmanship at that point and just belted him with two clean head shots. Game over. Tell the truth i thought it was pretty Gangster. Mayweather will get no hate from me over that. Protect yourselves at ALL times people....

Prior to that tho Floyd looked good and fought a Mosley type fight, stepping to his man and not "running", Hell can he still use those legs at 35?
                As expected the right hand was the main tool against southpaw Ortiz and he raked him with it a good few times. Mayweather perhaps showing the slightest of rust but looking Very Very good after 16months out and at his age. Couldnt get on here last night and havent checked NSB yet but if u guys are anything like the people who swamped Mayweather's facebook page last night then u will feel very different to me...... Some nasty racist **** was said on there man

**** i forgot to mention THAT post fight interview! Lol Funny stuff man!
                Last edited by The Surgeon; 09-18-2011, 07:23 AM.

Comment

• I was in shock for a few seconds, Mayweather was visibly pissed after that blatantly nasty headbutt so just exacted his revenge but, as always he did it clever. Props.

A bit of me was hoping Mayweather would do the same to Larry. Lol'd at "If I was 50 years younger I'd kick your ass" Erm, no you wouldn't Larry.

Comment

• I was very entertained by the card.

Vargas-Lopez was a very nice slugfest, and Vargas showed a ton of heart on weak legs those last two rounds. Dude is in no way ready for Khan though.

Morales looked exactly like I thought he would. He's way past it, he's never going to look that good again. I saw the stoppage coming when that eye began to swell, and Morales went after it full force. Cano was a mess.

Alvarez needs to step up in competition immediately. I had fun watching his terrible attempt at a shoulder roll, but if you can carry a fighter the way he was carrying Gomez, you are too good for that level of fighter. Time for the ginger to fight someone better.

Ortiz was exactly who I thought he was. I laughed my ass off for a while after Ortiz stayed down for the count. I don't understand the criticism for what Floyd did, should he let Ortiz hug him and spend the rest of the round whispering sweet nothings in his ear? Amazing fight by Floyd, I can't remember the last time he was so sharp from the opening bell.

Comment

• Mayweather was sharp, fast, great timing and reflexes.

Suprised how sharp he was considering the lay off at his age.

Ortiz was thoroughly dominated and lost every single Round quite clearly.

The knockout was absolutely legit. The ref called time in, and when he does that, you are entitled to punch your opponent.

Regardless to the fact they want to hug and kiss you instead.

Comment

Working...
                      X