No announcement yet.

History today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
    Also Paul Mcloskey Never won that fight vs Prescott. No way no how. The Columbian got jobbed plain and simple

The UK let its self down this wkend what with Cox getting a Gift win that came with a title too....
    I thought the fight was close. Prescott probably won but it wasn't a full blown robbery.

That's the thing, though. You HAVE to take the hometowns into consideration in Boxing. That's the sad reality.

That's why I bet on him to win. Because I KNEW that Prescott was not winning a Descision in Ireland, and I knew he wouldn't stop him either.

Got a little accumaltor;

McCloskey to win
    Klitschko to win
    Alvarez to win

When Alvarez pummels Gomez in another miss match next week I'll be getting a decent pay day.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      I thought the fight was close. Prescott probably won but it wasn't a full blown robbery.

That's the thing, though. You HAVE to take the hometowns into consideration in Boxing. That's the sad reality.

That's why I bet on him to win. Because I KNEW that Prescott was not winning a Descision in Ireland, and I knew he wouldn't stop him either.

Got a little accumaltor;

McCloskey to win
      Klitschko to win
      Alvarez to win

When Alvarez pummels Gomez in another miss match next week I'll be getting a decent pay day.
      I felt Prescott did more than enough, he was the better fighter and landed more and cleaner punches, rocked PM a few times, bust him up, out boxed and outmaneuvered him. Im actually pissed off about it, i thought it was more than just an iffy decision. An actual robbery

Ur bets in the bag mate Alverez is a good fighter, Gomez has about as much chance as Adamek had...

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
        and that main event was cracking
        i'm such an old man these days
        i have trouble staying awake for almost every showbox card

over here on the east coast they don't start until 10:30 or 11 o'clock. no worries on a weekend when i can get a nap in but on a friday with a full day it SUCKS lol
        Oh man, I would hate that. I'm a morning person and by that time I'm very tired (and lit up). I would be recording those fights and watching them at 6 AM.

I always feel for you guys when the PPV main events don't start until around midnight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
          Oh man, I would hate that. I'm a morning person and by that time I'm very tired (and lit up). I would be recording those fights and watching them at 6 AM.

I always feel for you guys when the PPV main events don't start until around midnight.
          Try being from the UK and waiting up until 3-5 Am.

I still wait up until that time. It's not doing my body well

Comment

I'd take the other way around by going to sleep early and waking up for the fights. Otherwise I'd have to be so jacked up on caffeine it would ruin my sleep cycle for a week.

If you live in Thailand, the fights are on at about 9-10 AM.

Comment

hard work!

dedication!

Comment

Lol u tell em Dan, 11pm? Pffft! Thats nothing! Its usually about 5:30am before we get to sleep on a big fight night! Though i didnt bother staying up for Gamboa last night and thank god for that i just watched the download and it was a dull one with a lame ending...

I cant go to sleep first either i just dont enjoy the fights as im so groggy and thats IF i manage to get up! Fights and sport in general just isnt the same unless ur watching it LIVE for some reason even if u dont know the results

Comment

• Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                  Lol u tell em Dan, 11pm? Pffft! Thats nothing! Its usually about 5:30am before we get to sleep on a big fight night! Though i didnt bother staying up for Gamboa last night and thank god for that i just watched the download and it was a dull one with a lame ending...

I cant go to sleep first either i just dont enjoy the fights as im so groggy and thats IF i manage to get up! Fights and sport in general just isnt the same unless ur watching it LIVE for some reason even if u dont know the results

i'm going to stop complaining about 11pm start times haha

gamboa looked way off last night.
                  it's almost like he's playing around in there for about 2 mins and 15 seconds of each round.

he needs bigger sparring partners with a 3 minute work ethic to break that habit i think.

get him in there with rios lol
                  probably only 15 to 20 lbs of difference. he'd learn quick.

and he called out pacquiao no less!

you're a young man
                  you've got your whole life ahead of you
                  don't just throw it away like that haha

unrelated

adamek is a true warrior
                  he didn't need to become more aggressive late.. but he did.
                  i thought he would stay outside and run a bit more. he really didn't run. he stood in front of klitshcko for the first third of the fight.
                  most klitschko opponents stop being aggressive and trying to win
                  adamek was trying to win that fight until the very end, when he was clearly very badly hurt and exhausted.

danny milano does a great job on cuts and swelling
                  always has. he's one of the best int eh northeast.
                  i was surprised adameks face looked so good after that fight (remember how wrecked it was at the end of the final round?)

i bet today it's back to looking horrible again today.

at least he gets paid well.
                  Last edited by New England; 09-11-2011, 09:44 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                    I'd take the other way around by going to sleep early and waking up for the fights. Otherwise I'd have to be so jacked up on caffeine it would ruin my sleep cycle for a week.

If you live in Thailand, the fights are on at about 9-10 AM.

that would be paradise!

Comment

• Whoever doesnt respect Adamek more after that fight is ****ing loser

Comment

Working...
                      X