No announcement yet.

History today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
    Gary Russell Jr looking good as usual, really like him, very promising.
    I tried to make a thread on him in NSB straight after his fight but the mods disabled starting threads.

That was the first time I have seen him before. Was very impressed.

He needs to step up though now.

Apparently he had a long and succesful career in the AM'S. You know anything about his amatuer career at all?
    Last edited by IronDanHamza; 07-24-2011, 09:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      I tried to make a thread on him in NSB straight after his fight but the mods disabled strating threads.

That was the first time I have seen him before. Was very impressed.

He needs to step up though now.

Apparently he had a long and succesful career in the AM'S. You know anything about his amatuer career at all?
      No I hate the amateurs with a passion, but I agree I'd like to see him step up soon.

Comment

No I hate the amateurs with a passion, but I agree I'd like to see him step up soon.
        Who do you think he should fight?

He needs to get some experiecne under belt before he goes near a world title shot IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Who do you think he should fight?

He needs to get some experiecne under belt before he goes near a world title shot IMO.
          Not sure really, I'd like to see him against someone like a Cristobal Cruz within a few fights time.

Comment

• [QUOTE=New England;10889961]congrats on your engagement bro!

Haha thanks. The wedding is actually on Sunday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
              There is definitely a ceiling on his potential, but Fury isn't bad and has improved a lot since I saw him a year or two ago. If you put the Klitschko's on one side, and Tye Fields on the other, Fury would probably be in the middle. I'd love to see him fight Dimitrenko to clear up the division a little. I agree about his body punching (especially for a heavyweight that tall) but his head punches are all arms with little power.
              He always seemed to be at the wrong range when throwing to the head. To close to get maximum power. He showed decent heart after being wobbled a few times and had pretty good workrate and stamina considering he was only in his 15th fight. If he doesn't get moved along to quickly he has a chance to be a decent contender in 3 years or so at least. He will definitely need more experience considering his limited talent.

Comment

Gary Russell Jr looking good as usual, really like him, very promising.
                This guy looks like the nuts! Quite excited about him actually, his hand speed is unreal

Comment

• Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                  This guy looks like the nuts! Quite excited about him actually, his hand speed is unreal

lol that combination he threw to the body and the head gave max kellerman an o face for a bit

Comment

• History section p4p rankings

Curious to see who makes u boys top p4p fighters....

I'll start

Floyd Mayweather to me is clearly the best fighter in the world but due to inactivity he dont make the cut this time (a good excuse to free up a space for someone else in these brutal lists!)

1. Manny Pac

2. Sergio Martinez

3. Nonito Donaire

4. Andre Ward

5. Bernard Hopkins

6. Juan Marquez

7. Abner Mares

8. Carl Froch

9. Amir Khan

10. Miguel Cotto

Just falling short are Segura, Gamboa, Dawson.....

Comment

• 1. Pacquiao
                      2. Mayweather (I briefly dropped him but he's back now that he's back)
                      3. Martinez
                      4. Donaire
                      5. Marquez
                      6. Wlad
                      7. Ward
                      8. Pongsaklek
                      9. Froch
                      10. Segura

Gamboa and Mares are pounding on the door to get in

Comment

Working...
                      X