• Show
Clear All

• Khan vs Bradley predictions? It hasn't been
    made but it will

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkTerror88 View Post
      Khan vs Bradley predictions? It hasn't been
      made but it will
      I don't think Bradley has the power to keep Khan honest and with his inactivity he will get outgunned.

However I don't think this fight will happen anytime soon, unless HBO really wants it bad. And considering how poorly they both draw in the US I don't think HBO will.

Comment

• Khan is better than Bradley, so he wins. That's my pick. I really don't see it with Timmy. He gets results, I guess, but Khan would have literally every advantage except for chin here. Bradley doesn't work enough or have the power to outfight Khan and isn't fast enough to outbox him.

But that was a putrid fucking letdown of a fight. Zab showed why he's always just gonna be Zab, regardless of who his trainer is.

Comment

• Didn't get to see the fight yet but I have it taped. That said, my question is Khan the real deal and will he ever be p4p the best fighter in the world? Opinions?

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
            Didn't get to see the fight yet but I have it taped. That said, my question is Khan the real deal and will he ever be p4p the best fighter in the world? Opinions?
            No way. He's got a B+ ceiling. Not really a lot of power and still a lot of awkward technical flaws. He can correct them but goddamn, it's taking him a long time. He was landing semi-regularly on Judah but I don't think he looked that great doing it. Now, it has to be taken into consideration that Judah is A. a southpaw, B. With a low workrate C. with at least decent defensive skills and D. with enough enough power to keep Khan honest. With all that going against him, Khan did alright I suppose. But Judah quit on the body shot then tried to give some crap answer about how he wasn't hurt but he thought you got counted THEN the chance to get up (seriously...wtf?? he's been KOed enough to know the rules). Judah looked awful. Just terrible. So I don't put that much stock in this win.

People saying he has a chance to be Mayweather or Pacquiao...slow down. He's a fighter with fast hands and a good body attack. That's it. Seriously it.

Comment

• The Fury fight was good, Chisora really let himself down coming in so heavy and unfit tho. Klitchko takes Fury's soul and hate ****s his corpse if that ever gets made.

Khan did the goods, put pressure on the more experienced guy, used all his advantages and never got too reckless so that Zab could score the Big counter Left. Shame Judah never got into it as it made the fight a tad dull but was that because at his age and point in his career he can simply no longer pull the trigger or is it that Amir just nullified him? A bit of both i say. Also that end shot was legit, on the belt line, NO foul imo. Zab looked to me like he was a bit hurt but mainly knew he was in for a beating and essentially found a way to quit while in his mind keeping some pride

Khan is the Daddy at 140

I think Floyd and Manny smoke him but then they smoke everyone else too so Khan has as good a shot as the next guy i guess

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkTerror88 View Post
                Khan vs Bradley predictions? It hasn't been
                made but it will

congrats on your engagement bro!

i'm seriously doubting bradley fight's khan unless he wins a big fight and becomes a bigger draw (somehow beats mayweather)

i've got a bet on the boards on bradley over khan ( i think i made it right after the mcloskey fight) that i'm regretting

khan's the best at 140 on the planet
                and looks like he's going to be a heck of a WW

i still think both floyd and manny beat him
                and ortiz would put a hole in his face if he actually could lay a glove on him

but he was very impressive least night

he lunges too much for floyd. he'd get potshotted all night.
                and he's still too soft in the chin, i don't double that pacquiao would knock him out, but that fight will 100% never happen. there's so far too many barriers, beginning and ending with roach and the wildcard gym, throw in top rank, team khan, supercoach ariza
                yeah no way

bradley would have serious trouble trying to score on khan
                i think khan's all wrong for him. he's too tall and fast and he hits hard enough to score points (a lot harder than bradley, incidentally)

but khan lunges a bit with his head
                and bradley's dome is sharp as needles
                and he also fights well inside, which khan does not.
                but i think khans feet will be fast enough to keep away from bradley as long as he's not broken down (which i don't think timmy can // will do on the level that maidana was able to go to with bodypunching and pressure as well as huge headshots)

Comment

Didn't get to see the fight yet but I have it taped. That said, my question is Khan the real deal and will he ever be p4p the best fighter in the world? Opinions?

nope. i don't think he gets that far.
                  i think he might make his way to the top ten in the next year (i the goldenly owned ring magazine doesn't put him there after kayoing judah)

i think he's going to run into a hard puncher at 47 or 54 and get stopped again

chino maidana almost had him out of there. he was a few punches away, and khan wasn't able to tie both his hands up to the level where a good ref (like smoggier, bayless) who will let guys fight will stop the action and call for a break.
                  somebody poison's joe cortez water before that fight and they put a competent ref in there and chino may very well have a knockout over khan

cortez blew that fight
                  i'm not saying chino would have knocked him out, he wasn't putting together smart offense really, he was just trying to club him unconscious
                  i'm saying cortez incorrectly gave khan a huge break that had an undeniable impact on the action

Comment

I gotta say, Fury is no natural talent, but he showed decent skills and very good body punching for a big man. Very entertaining heavyweight fight.
                    There is definitely a ceiling on his potential, but Fury isn't bad and has improved a lot since I saw him a year or two ago. If you put the Klitschko's on one side, and Tye Fields on the other, Fury would probably be in the middle. I'd love to see him fight Dimitrenko to clear up the division a little. I agree about his body punching (especially for a heavyweight that tall) but his head punches are all arms with little power.

Comment

• Gary Russell Jr looking good as usual, really like him, very promising.

Comment

Working...
                      X