Collapse
No announcement yet.

History today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Devon Alexander fight was actually pretty good though minus the questionable decision. Pretty action packed. Same with Sturm vs Macklin that was another close but pretty action filled fight.

Comment

• Zab Judah has been on a little roll his past few fights. What chance does he have of upsetting Amir Khan and how is this fight going to play out?

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
        Zab Judah has been on a little roll his past few fights. What chance does he have of upsetting Amir Khan and how is this fight going to play out?

id say he has a good chance

if mcloskey was able to make khan look pedestrian with his skills, and southpaw stance (and it wasn't just a khan off night) then judah is going to have a field day

judah whitaker jr is a super paul mckloskey haha!
        and he's got one punch fight changing power, if not one punch knockout power at 140
        he's still got good reflexes and still moves very well
        he's got a solid chin

if khan isn't able to beat him up and break him down mentally i think zab's got a good chance of catching him and knocking him out late

did you guys see amir's last fight?
        he looked horrible

zab's a live dog
        Last edited by New England; 06-29-2011, 07:41 AM.

Comment

• Zab is done.

He didn't look great against Matthysse nor did he against Mabuza.

Unless he lands one big punch that stops Khan then Zab Judah is in for a real beating.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
            Zab Judah has been on a little roll his past few fights. What chance does he have of upsetting Amir Khan and how is this fight going to play out?
            Khan's Jab will be the difference in this one. I think Amir will back Zab up and break him down for either a late stoppage or more likely a wide points win. Amir has EVEN faster hands than Judah imo and is the better skilled of the two plus he has the far better engine and mental strength.

As with most Khan opponents Zab has a punchers chance but Judah can Really crack with explosive force when he connects right so its not just a case of Amir being chinny.

Amir Khan should win but as long as it lasts Zab Judah is in the fight and capable of knocking Khan out cold....

Comment

• Khan is the better fighter, no doubt. And given that Judah's one "get you out of there" punch is his uppercut and Khan is about five inches taller (Judah's like 5'7" and Khan's like 6'0", I believe), I don't like him trying to land that bomb. Khan should be able to outbox Judah. But he gets aggressive and literally lunges in with his hands at his waist and his chin in the air. If he jumps into a Judah uppercut, it's game over. I'd pick Khan about 70/30.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
                Khan is the better fighter, no doubt. And given that Judah's one "get you out of there" punch is his uppercut and Khan is about five inches taller (Judah's like 5'7" and Khan's like 6'0", I believe), I don't like him trying to land that bomb. Khan should be able to outbox Judah. But he gets aggressive and literally lunges in with his hands at his waist and his chin in the air. If he jumps into a Judah uppercut, it's game over. I'd pick Khan about 70/30.
                Easy BST Khan's 5'10!

Point taken tho man, but Zab's Left cross aint nothing to **** with either. Amir is the better fighter tho, Judah is all Flash and not too much end product. I make it about a 70/30 in Khans favour too

Might be a bit like the Khan vs Mallinaggi fight but with more of an edge due to Zab's power

Comment

• Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                  Easy BST Khan's 5'10!

Point taken tho man, but Zab's Left cross aint nothing to **** with either. Amir is the better fighter tho, Judah is all Flash and not too much end product. I make it about a 70/30 in Khans favour too

Might be a bit like the Khan vs Mallinaggi fight but with more of an edge due to Zab's power
                  Having the combination of speed and power makes Judah a live underdog. But assuming he doesn't get a home run shot, I think Khan will own him. Judah's chin is at least as fragile as Khan's and he cuts very easily now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                    Having the combination of speed and power makes Judah a live underdog. But assuming he doesn't get a home run shot, I think Khan will own him. Judah's chin is at least as fragile as Khan's and he cuts very easily now.
                    Judah does have problems with cuts now come to think of it, good point scott

Chin is shaky but not to the extent of Khans imo, Amir just even after surviving Maidana seems so so fragile to me. And im a Khan fan....

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      Zab is done.

He didn't look great against Matthysse nor did he against Mabuza.

Unless he lands one big punch that stops Khan then Zab Judah is in for a real beating.
                      Considering Mabuza & Matthysse fight nothing like Khan and would both probably spark him out too, I like Judah in this fight. Khan's speed is pretty much all outside activity speed. He's hardly defensive minded. Just throws fast combo's.

He's not the style of fighter that's going to school Judah and pick him apart, he just overwhelms people with the speed in his combinations. Judah ain't never lost to somebody like Khan. All but one of his losses are at welterweight too bigger stronger guys, except Floyd who showed why he's one of the best defensive fighters ever when he schooled Judah. His only loss at 140 is too brick heavy Tyzu who Khan can only dream of hitting as hard as him.

Khan's gonna get reckless and Judah's gonna make him pay by hurting him, putting some Prescott flashbacks back into his mind and knock him the **** out.

Comment

Working...
                      X