History today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Tends? The guy completely neglects it

He has lots of flaws and Mayweather will have an easy night with him but it's still a legit fight Vs a title holder and highest ranked fighter in his division who doesn't have a fight signed so I can't wait.

Hopefully we get Pac Vs Mayweather next year but I'm not getting my hopes up.
    Dan thats happening with EVERYONE in the weight class, probably even Manny! Floyds just the best fighter around. Other than Pac tho this is the best fight he can make unless he jumps up to middle which it seems unfair to ask of him imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
      Jab whats your opinion on the current drug-testing in boxing? Do you think it should be improved?
      More than a few guys seem to be on PED's so better testing needs to happen. But if it doesn't happen across the board than Im not for it. In order for that to happen though the sport needs to be better organized and the the ABC factions need to unite, or at the very least get on board with one another and form a union where a certain percentage of EVERY professional fighters purse will go towards such testing. I think its unfair the let the up and comer have the chance to juice his way into a big money fight before finally getting tested. If OSDT is going to be successful and fair it needs to be implemented from top to bottom. If not....let things stay as they are now.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
        More than a few guys seem to be on PED's so better testing needs to happen. But if it doesn't happen across the board than Im not for it. In order for that to happen though the sport needs to be better organized and the the ABC factions need to unite, or at the very least get on board with one another and form a union where a certain percentage of EVERY professional fighters purse will go towards such testing. I think its unfair the let the up and comer have the chance to juice his way into a big money fight before finally getting tested. If OSDT is going to be successful and fair it needs to be implemented from top to bottom. If not....let things stay as they are now.
        Id love to see all fighters tested properly

Ped use is appears rife in our sport and something needs to be done but why not start with the Top lads - Pac and PBF, let them lead the way. Hell i know its not really fair to single guys out but if thats what it takes to make a fight of this magnitude happen and that really is whats holding this fight up then **** it do the tests, niether guy should have a problem if they are clean

Thats just my take

Comment

• Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
          Dan thats happening with EVERYONE in the weight class, probably even Manny! Floyds just the best fighter around. Other than Pac tho this is the best fight he can make unless he jumps up to middle which it seems unfair to ask of him imo.
          I agree.

It's the best fight out there atleast in his weight class so I'm all for it.

Floyd is coming to the UK to do some press conferences and another open session like he did in 2009 so I'm looking forward to that and might make an apperance again.

Comment

I agree.

It's the best fight out there atleast in his weight class so I'm all for it.

Floyd is coming to the UK to do some press conferences and another open session like he did in 2009 so I'm looking forward to that and might make an apperance again.
            You go last time then yeah? I might make the trip this time as id love to see a fighter of that great caliber in the flesh.

Hope he starts throwing Money around..... Im skint!

Heard he was actually really cool last time and had time for people unlike the way he usually comes across. Im not a big fan i just respect the ***** out of him, with a guy like Ortiz he has a chance to shine, i can even see a stoppage

Comment

You go last time then yeah? I might make the trip this time as id love to see a fighter of that great caliber in the flesh.

Hope he starts throwing Money around..... Im skint!

Heard he was actually really cool last time and had time for people unlike the way he usually comes across. Im not a big fan i just respect the ***** out of him, with a guy like Ortiz he has a chance to shine, i can even see a stoppage
              Yeah, I went last time in London when he was promoting the Marquez fight.

He was, really cool.

I can say the 2 times I have met him, once here in the UK and once in Vegas. He has been absolutely cool.

In Vegas, he came to the MGM Grand and stayed there for a good 45 minutes signing autographs and taking pictures. Shane, on the other hand, just came waved for 2 mintues and left.

In London, at first he was real frantic and concerned about how rowdy the London crowd was. Alot of them were 25 and under so Mayweather is there first era, kind of. So there was loads of excitment in there when he came out and the crows was rowdy as hell so we had to stay behind the barriers.

But eventually, he moved the barriers and let everone literally chill yards away from him whilst he did his workout on the heavybag (with his body guards close by, of course)

Then after he stayed for a good hour signing autographs and taking pictures.

Was a cool day.

Comment

But Baldomir and Judah were #1 and #3 in the world when he fought them. So, rankings mean little in that case.\

Margarito and Cotto would have been good fights for his legacy but neither are HOF'ers and neither would elevate his legacy to that state.

Hatton was a fight the public wanted and the public got.

I don't think he could.

If he beat all of those then maybe but only Margarito in 2006 and Pacqiauo in recne tyears ahve come remotely close to happening and that isn't all Mayweather's fault either.

You haven't talked me though when Mayweather should have foguth Kosta Tszyu like you suggested. Please, do.
                When Mayweather & Tyszu were both at 140. Why you acting like they were at 140 in different decades or something?

Cotto will be a HOF I guarantee it. His career isn't even over yet. He's about to beat Chavez and become Middleweight champion. That's 3 divisions, has any rican ever done that before? That's huge when they retire when people say how come Floyd never fought Cotto? Obviously it's a huge deal since Pac's wins over Cotto & Margarito make him look invincible today. Wheres your logic there? Pac defeated the boys your boy ducked. It's going to be a dent into his career but it's his own damn fault. Dudes a ****in idiot.

Comment

• Originally posted by led's baby mama View Post
                  When Mayweather & Tyszu were both at 140. Why you acting like they were at 140 in different decades or something?
                  Obviously they were both at 140.

I'm asking you to explain when and how that fight could have happened.

It's a simple question.

Originally posted by led's baby mama View Post
                  Cotto will be a HOF I guarantee it. His career isn't even over yet. He's about to beat Chavez and become Middleweight champion. That's 3 divisions, has any rican ever done that before? That's huge when they retire when people say how come Floyd never fought Cotto? Obviously it's a huge deal since Pac's wins over Cotto & Margarito make him look invincible today. Wheres your logic there? Pac defeated the boys your boy ducked. It's going to be a dent into his career but it's his own damn fault. Dudes a ****in idiot.
                  There has been Rican fighters who have been 3 weight world champions but not 4 weight which Cotto would be if he beats Chavez.

There are many fighters in history that you could say 'why didn't they fight' so and so about.

Pac's win over Margarito has nothing to do with his 'invinciblity' today to anyone with a grain of sense.

He fought Margarito over 4 years after Mayweather avoided him. Completely different scenario and completely different fighter at that point.

Comment

• Originally posted by led's baby mama View Post

I think Cotto is Hall bound too, btw a win over Chavez will make him a TITLIST in FOUR Divisions, no PR fighter has done four before now.

Floyd ducking Cotto was shameless and Margarito. Mayweather in my mind is the best there is but he hasnt been PROVING it of late and thats what history will remember. Ortiz is a step in the right direction tho.

I cant remember why May vs Tszyu never happened, i think Floyd wanted it tho..... could be wrong. Would have been a good scrap but id fancy Floyd all day there...

Comment

I think Cotto is Hall bound too, btw a win over Chavez will make him a TITLIST in FOUR Divisions, no PR fighter has done four before now.

Floyd ducking Cotto was shameless and Margarito. Mayweather in my mind is the best there is but he hasnt been PROVING it of late and thats what history will remember. Ortiz is a step in the right direction tho.

I cant remember why May vs Tszyu never happened, i think Floyd wanted it tho..... could be wrong. Would have been a good scrap but id fancy Floyd all day there...
                      I don't see Cotto getting in the HOF, but that's just me.

Cotto didn't really show an interest in a fight with Mayweather either. That must be mentioned. Mayweather didn't pull his weight to make the fight but neither did Cotto.

Margarito however, is a different story.

As for Tszyu Mayweather, the HBO - SHO dispute was obviously a roadblock for starters.

Other than that on what timeline could Floyd fight Tszyu?

There was never a time in Floyds short stay in 140 where both were available. I mean, never even once were in talks.

Nate doesn't remember this, though.

I think people just like pulling names out of a hat of the division Floyd was in and saying he ducked them. For some reason.
                      Last edited by IronDanHamza; 06-08-2011, 05:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X