No announcement yet.

History today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
    I just dont think u can say he isnt the same when he looked good and never showed any signs of being weak at the weight while stopping a ranked contender who had just gone the distance with the tournement favourite and division leader

U might be right but it seems odd to call it after a good win like that
    I don't think Johnson can knock Froch out, and I don't think he can stay strong for 12 rounds given the weight drop.

Comment

• I'm not saying he is weak at the weight.

I'm saying his fight with Green doesn't neccerssarily prove that he can compete there with a live , strong, tough, rough fighter like Carl Froch.

In the Green fight he was starting to slow a little I felt, even though he got the stoppage. And Green doesn't fight any where near a pace that Froch does. I'm just saying this will be a different fight and different animal to the Green fight. If he can make the weight comfortably we will definitely find out in this fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        I'm not saying he is weak at the weight.

I'm saying his fight with Green doesn't neccerssarily prove that he can compete there with a live , strong, tough, rough fighter like Carl Froch.

In the Green fight he was starting to slow a little I felt, even though he got the stoppage. And Green doesn't fight any where near a pace that Froch does. I'm just saying this will be a different fight and different animal to the Green fight. If he can make the weight comfortably we will definitely find out in this fight.
        If Johnson is the same force im still picking Froch, Carl has really grown on me as a fighter throught this competition, it wont be easy (not if Glen still has it at 168) but i like Froch to edge it

Comment

• If froch gets past Jonson i can see him giving Ward more problems than i first thought,i cant see him actually winning the fight but SOG will certainly have his hands full

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Demon View Post
            If froch gets past Jonson i can see him giving Ward more problems than i first thought,i cant see him actually winning the fight but SOG will certainly have his hands full
            I agree with that, i tell u what its become clear to me especially after the Master class he put on against AA that i seriously under rated the Cobra

Comment

• End of a legend?

Im genuinely worried for Roy, its about to kick off...........

Comment

• The legend ended a while a go, this was more like the burial of it.

Why does he still want to go on ?, I get that he wants do ''do it one more time'' and try and prove everyone wrong / go out on a high point but this is ridiculous, everyones worried for him but he still doesn't see it.

Also the ref was way too ****ing slow, that last punch Lebedev hit him with, .

Comment

• B-Hop just made me 250 bucks richer. Yea buddy.
                  Once B-Hop knows what makes you tick, he beats you. Like Joe Louis.

Comment

• Originally posted by NChristo View Post
                    The legend ended a while a go, this was more like the burial of it.

Why does he still want to go on ?, I get that he wants do ''do it one more time'' and try and prove everyone wrong / go out on a high point but this is ridiculous, everyones worried for him but he still doesn't see it.

Also the ref was way too ****ing slow, that last punch Lebedev hit him with, .
                    I honestly thought Roy woulda been the one guy who got out on top and didnt hang around, he always seemed so aware of the dangers of boxing and has done a hell of a lot for Gerald Mcllelan - mabey its time he made that visit he said he wouldnt do until he retired.....

Smoger hesitated and Lebedev had to throw, Smogers fault that that last shot crashed home. I like Smoger and often praise him for letting a fighter continue when others wouldnt but all things considered here it was a Bad call that i was uncomftable with

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkTerror88 View Post
                      B-Hop just made me 250 bucks richer. Yea buddy.
                      Once B-Hop knows what makes you tick, he beats you. Like Joe Louis.
                      Congrats dude, Good fight? I couldnt be arsed staying up till stupid o'clock for it but its on sky tonight

Comment

Working...
                      X