No announcement yet.

History today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
    Ur kidding!? Why would anyone do that, this aint the Wild West damn it!
    If you watch Pavlik interviews he often has a bulge under his lip.

Last edited by Holtol; 05-09-2011, 03:22 PM.

Comment

• Super Six

Ward vs Abraham went exactly as id thought it would with a Better more ambitious/desperate Arthur coming out faster and letting his hands go early more so than normal until after a few rounds Andre could get him under control and force him to revert to type and tuck back up in his shell while Ward boxed to a UD.

Froch to me looked better than S.O.G but then Ward had a better version of the Armenian in front of him.

And again i found it highly watchable like most of Wards fights, i dont get the hate at all!

The Road Warrior vs Froch looks like being a great fight, almost a pick em but id give the slight edge to Carl, very slight.
      Cant decide who'd be a harder fight in the Final for Ward tho of the two, whats the opinion around here on who will win the Cobra vs Johnson fight and who would be a harder opponent for Ward and while we are at it who wins outright?

Comment

• We don't know if Johnson is strong enough at 168 to go 12 rounds.

Comment

• Glen Johnson losing the weight and making the weight and stopping Alan Green was excellent, don't get me wrong. But Alan Green just isn't that good.

With Froch he will have someone infront of him who will brawl with him, have strength, try and rough him up, can punch, has a exceptional chin, will he deal with that at 168? I'm not so sure.

I think Froch beats Johnson by descision.

Think I think Ward will be beat Froch by descision.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            Glen Johnson losing the weight and making the weight and stopping Alan Green was excellent, don't get me wrong. But Alan Green just isn't that good.

With Froch he will have someone infront of him who will brawl with him, have strength, try and rough him up, can punch, has a exceptional chin, will he deal with that at 168? I'm not so sure.

I think Froch beats Johnson by descision.

Think I think Ward will be beat Froch by descision.
            I agree with ur predictions but im gonna go right ahead and say Glen is the force he was up in weight now that he is at 168, fair enough Green aint the best fighter in the world but he is half decent and had never been stopped before, Glen looked strong and fit to me if he loses i feel its because Carl Froch is the better fighter

Comment

I agree with ur predictions but im gonna go right ahead and say Glen is the force he was up in weight now that he is at 168, fair enough Green aint the best fighter in the world but he is half decent and had never been stopped before, Glen looked strong and fit to me if he loses i feel its because Carl Froch is the better fighter
              He went seven rounds with the mediocre green, that doesn't show that hes the same force at 168 at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
                He went seven rounds with the mediocre green, that doesn't show that hes the same force at 168 at all.
                It dont PROVE he is the same force but there was Nothing to suggest he isnt, the fact that he stopped his man in 7 is a Good thing not a negative, he sure seemed like he was prepared for another 5 rounds, he wasnt blowing or slowing down. He appears to have lost none of attributes

Comment

• I pick ward to win the super six

I think he needs a new nickname though

Andre "The Warlord" Ward lmao

Comment

It dont PROVE he is the same force but there was Nothing to suggest he isnt, the fact that he stopped his man in 7 is a Good thing not a negative, he sure seemed like he was prepared for another 5 rounds, he wasnt blowing or slowing down. He appears to have lost none of attributes
                    Hmmm a 41 year old battle worn veteran going down to a weight he hasnt been in, in only a bit under 10 years, I think the chances are that it has a big effect on him.

Going seven against a mediocre fighter doesn't prove anything, in the second Morales-Pac fight, Morales looked fine in the first seven, yet we all know he was weight-drained.

Comment

• Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
                      Hmmm a 41 year old battle worn veteran going down to a weight he hasnt been in, in only a bit under 10 years, I think the chances are that it has a big effect on him.

Going seven against a mediocre fighter doesn't prove anything, in the second Morales-Pac fight, Morales looked fine in the first seven, yet we all know he was weight-drained.
                      I just dont think u can say he isnt the same when he looked good and never showed any signs of being weak at the weight while stopping a ranked contender who had just gone the distance with the tournement favourite and division leader

U might be right but it seems odd to call it after a good win like that

Comment

Working...
                      X