No announcement yet.

History today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DarkTerror88 View Post
    Did NOT expect that from Victor Ortiz. Good brawl though.
    Didn't stay up for that, sounded much better than the farce that was Khan - McCloskey.

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkTerror88 View Post
      Did NOT expect that from Victor Ortiz. Good brawl though.

i didn't think i'd ever say this as i thought chino took his soul for keeps;

vicious victor is back

he took some hellish shots last night that would have dropped a barn animal

he hit berto so hard early he never got his legs back

that was a hell of a fight.
      i think if ortiz had more experience carrying so much weight (he looked very natural being that big) he could have put some more work in through the middle rounds and stopped him

WW's got some good looking fights on the horizon if top rank and GB can play nice

Comment

• Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
        Didn't stay up for that, sounded much better than the farce that was Khan - McCloskey.
        It was way better. You should try to watch it. The 6th round is the frontrunner for round of the year. The Salido-Lopez fight is well worth watching too.

Comment

It was a real exciting fight to watch.

The Khan McCloskey fight angered me to no end. Some people pay money to watch these fights. Stoppages like that is what is keeping people from spending money on fights. McCloskey may have been able to change the fight around with one punch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Holtol View Post
            It was a real exciting fight to watch.

The Khan McCloskey fight angered me to no end. Some people pay money to watch these fights. Stoppages like that is what is keeping people from spending money on fights. McCloskey may have been able to change the fight around with one punch.
            I paid for it! I didn't expect a good fight to be honest but I expected more than that.

And Mcloskey isn't really a big puncher I don't see him changing the fight with a single shot. He most likely would have lost all the remaining rounds like he did the first 6 but I guess we will never know.

Berto-Ortiz was a great fight. I don't really rate either fighter to highly and didn't really know what to expect. I knew Ortiz was the much better boxer but for some reason I was leaning on Berto.

But Ortiz was excellent and the fight was really enjoyable, atleast for the first 6 rounds anyway. Berto really is a dead average fighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              I paid for it! I didn't expect a good fight to be honest but I expected more than that.

And Mcloskey isn't really a big puncher I don't see him changing the fight with a single shot. He most likely would have lost all the remaining rounds like he did the first 6 but I guess we will never know.

Berto-Ortiz was a great fight. I don't really rate either fighter to highly and didn't really know what to expect. I knew Ortiz was the much better boxer but for some reason I was leaning on Berto.

But Ortiz was excellent and the fight was really enjoyable, atleast for the first 6 rounds anyway. Berto really is a dead average fighter.
              I have hbo so I paid for it also, fight was 3 hrs after the fight but I stayed away from any boxing iformation. I think Khan could of gased and if McCloskey hit him with some good shots I think Khan can be knocked out. Post fight McCloskey said he was waiting for Khan to gas. Its actually a good strategy to try to get Khan to punch himself out a bit before letting his own hands go.

McCloskey could have won Khan gets hit and he has been knocked out before. Khan could have broke his hands, anything can happen.

Comment

• Why do you just stream it, I didn't feel so cheated as I streamed Bradley - Alexander and Khan - McCloskey so it's not all bad.

Comment

Why do you just stream it, I didn't feel so cheated as I streamed Bradley - Alexander and Khan - McCloskey so it's not all bad.
                  I really don't know I wish I did. I only stream fights when I have no access to them, otherwise I usually just buy them.

Bradley-Alexander was on Sky Sports 1 here so I just watched it on TV.

I streamed Berto-Ortiz last night though, make sure you get round to watching that.

Comment

Why do you just stream it, I didn't feel so cheated as I streamed Bradley - Alexander and Khan - McCloskey so it's not all bad.
                    I get hbo with a movie package so its not as bad. But a lot of fights I do have to watch on streams. Im not used to streams, I have only been using computers for 2 years. Plus my vision is not very good I need a big clear picture.

Comment

• WOW what a night for fight fans!

Ortiz for me was the story of the night tho, what a fight him and Berto was! Vic just rocketed up my favourite fighters list with that performance, as far as im concerened he is forgiven for the Maidana bottle job. Berto needed another gear and he didnt have it, well done Victor Ortiz

Im a big Juanma Lopez fan so i was gutted for him and shocked to ***** aswell. But all i can say is i hope Arum and the rest of these promoters take note of the huge mistake Bob made by not matching Lopez and Gamboa sooner, the world was waiting and they stalled, stuttered and ultimately ****ed the fight. Serve these fights while they are Hot man, learn the lesson! BTW the usually cautious Frank Warren has been going up in my estimations lately and getting DeGale vs Groves done with Booth was a big plus for him

Amir Khan whipped ass and dominated without really lookin too good or doin too much. The stoppage was an utter joke and i for one am glad Barry Hearn made such a big deal out of it. People paid hard cash in these tough times to see a fight, Paul himself trained his azz off and will more than likely at his age never get another world title crack. Poor poor job by the Doc and ref, i knew the second that tube jumped into the ring to see Mcloskey he was gonna be a problem (dont the docs usually stay on the outside of the ropes?)

Ive had worse cuts shaving!

Still all round it was a great night for boxing fans

Comment

Working...
                      X