No announcement yet.

History today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
    That hook almost knocks his face off man, and the way his legs were kicking about and those crazy eyes i was worried for the dude but he got up and beat the count UNBELIEVABLE!
    It was one of the more devastating effects from a punch I have seen on a boxers face head and neck. I can't beleive he beat the count either, showed a lot of heart just to get up. I think his legs were kicking because he was trying to get up but could not activate his entire body, I get sleep paralisis sometimes and it is kinda like that.
    Last edited by Holtol; 02-20-2011, 12:00 PM.

Comment

• Montiel has a lot of Heart and i think he came out of that fight with more respect for getting up.

Comment

• Yeah, Montiels heart was astonishing.

How he beat the count I do not know.

I think Donaire has a bright future been saying it for a while.

Comment

• looks like the era of Filipino boxing. with Pac man and Donaire and such.

I think we need a rough tough rugged Italian brawler today

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkTerror88 View Post
            Montiel has a lot of Heart and i think he came out of that fight with more respect for getting up.
            Reports today are that Montiel had some facial damage caused by that punch. He may or may not have had surgery for it, depending on who you believe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
              Reports today are that Montiel had some facial damage caused by that punch. He may or may not have had surgery for it, depending on who you believe.
              He's almost certainly going to need some kind of work done, Donaire literally put a dent in his head.

Comment

• It was in incredible punch,how he beat the count is a mystery too me,and so is why the ref let it carry on

Comment

• IMO, the most underrated fighter in the world today is World light flyweight champ Giovani Segura. He maintains constant pressure, one of the best body punchers in the sport today, has a phenomenal chin, equal power in both hands, and despite the relentless pressure, never seems to slow down as the fight progresses. His dismantling of Ivan Calderon last year was a textbook display of wearing down a master boxer with body punches.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1SILVA View Post
                    IMO, the most underrated fighter in the world today is World light flyweight champ Giovani Segura. He maintains constant pressure, one of the best body punchers in the sport today, has a phenomenal chin, equal power in both hands, and despite the relentless pressure, never seems to slow down as the fight progresses. His dismantling of Ivan Calderon last year was a textbook display of wearing down a master boxer with body punches.
                    To be honest ive only ever seen him in that Calderon fight but he was impressive. I always root for Ivan and he was great himself first time around but between the ability and strength of Sergura, Fighting on away ground, Father time and his size he is really up against it in the rematch. I will be very surprised if he can turn it around

Comment

• It looks like Klitschko-Haye is almost a done deal. It's obvious that Wladimir is not injured and only pulled out of the Chisora fight to negotiate for the Haye fight. This has happened may times before in boxing for various reasons. As a fan I'm happy about that. A lot of fans are angry and I personally don't understand why. Some of those same people were complaining about the Chisora fight which I personally had zero interest in. This is the biggest fight in the division and the fans win no matter how you look at. Chisora might not like it but he didn't truly deserve a shot in the first place.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=6186846

Comment

Working...
                      X