Collapse
No announcement yet.

History today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm done with this goddamn sport. For a long time.

Comment

• Pacquaio won the fight clearly.

The most you could give Bradley was 5 rounds and that's being very very generous.

I guess it's karma for the Marquez robbery last year.

Comment

• Bad decision!

Comment

• Watched the fight live and just watched it now. Both times I had Pac as the clear winner, I just can't understand how the judges scored it the other way!

One of the worst decisions I have ever seen (In my lifetime).

Comment

• Amazingly bad. It was very, very difficult to give Bradley more than 4 rounds at most. Apparently the judges scored some of Pacquiao's best rounds for Bradley.

It never ceases to amaze me how bad and corrupt the judging can be at this level. Duane Ford has judged fights for nearly 40 years and he still can't get them right. Perhaps at 74 years of age it is time for him to move on and let somebody with eyesight and mental capacity do his job.

I predicted it would be close and messy with Pacquiao getting the benefit of the doubt. It was messy to be sure but it wasn't particularly close and I was entirely wrong about who would be given the decision.

It's just getting very, very difficult to follow current boxing nowadays.

Comment

• Haha.

Justice for Marquez!

Comment

• The last two fights involving boxing #1 (or #2) star were controversial. Next to last fight involving the other #1 (#2) star also ended with some controversy (talking about the headbutt-hug-kiss-hug-left hook-straight right sequence in Ortiz-PBF). This is clearly not good for boxing.

On the other hand it is a sadistic pleasure to browse NSB today.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
                  Amazingly bad. It was very, very difficult to give Bradley more than 4 rounds at most. Apparently the judges scored some of Pacquiao's best rounds for Bradley.

It never ceases to amaze me how bad and corrupt the judging can be at this level. Duane Ford has judged fights for nearly 40 years and he still can't get them right. Perhaps at 74 years of age it is time for him to move on and let somebody with eyesight and mental capacity do his job.

I predicted it would be close and messy with Pacquiao getting the benefit of the doubt. It was messy to be sure but it wasn't particularly close and I was entirely wrong about who would be given the decision.

It's just getting very, very difficult to follow current boxing nowadays.
                  I think the judges have shown they cannot judge and so IMO they should be sacked. Simple as that, if you can't do your job any more you have to go.

This would send a message out to other judges (if they are in fact being paid off).

Comment

• Originally posted by Mastrangelo
                    I scored it for Pacquiao 116:112, but I don't disagree with decision. Most people seems to remember just those spots when Pacquiao was exploiding with combinations, but other than in rounds 2-5, he was just covering up for 2.5 minutes with no intensity whatsoever and not every judge will let you steal rounds with just couple punches at the end unless you will hurt your opponent what Manny wasn't able to do. And Compubox stats were ridiculous like usual, I don't know why are they even doing this.
                    You should disagree with the decision if you scored it to Pacquiao by 2 rounds.

I agree Pacquiao fought in spurts but he seemed to be more effective during those than Bradley was during his periods of activity. Bradley just wasn't truly able to take it to Pacquiao at any point in the fight.

CompuBox is mostly terrible, the only way to pull it off is by reviewing the contest several times or in slow motion. Doing it live only works in a slow-paced heavyweight contest where the punches and connections are easy to see.
                    Last edited by TheGreatA; 06-10-2012, 08:45 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      Pacquaio won the fight clearly.

The most you could give Bradley was 5 rounds and that's being very very generous.

I guess it's karma for the Marquez robbery last year.

It sure doesn't help JMM though. Killed his chances for a rematch this year. Pac-Bradley II is a sure thing to happen this fall.

Comment

Working...
                      X