No announcement yet.

History today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
    Bute gets an immediate rematch in Montreal. If he wants it. I'd recommend that he takes it. It will still make big money and I can't see any other way that Bute could redeem his reputation.
    What could go differently though? All the advantages Bute was supposed to have were NO WHERE to be seen. He looked like a bad fighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Like I've said already, some love him, some hate him, EVERYONE respects him.

I've hated Carl Froch pretty much his whole career. He was ****y to an overwhelming level before he'd ever had a World Title fight and it rubbed me the wrong way. That, along with his amatuerish, clumsy style and lack of skills to add to it.

Gave him no chance to beat Taylor. Then gave him no chance to make it out of the first few rounds of the Super Six.

He fought Taylor in 08 If I remember correctly. Could have been 09. Either way, it was a long time ago. And except Johnson, I've picked him to lose everyone of those fights and he's gone ahead and won almost all of them. Being the underdog in 4 of those fights, winning 3. He may have been the underdog with Kessler aswell, I can't remember.

It's just an amazing story, I don't think I've ever seen such a level of overachieving. Crazy level.

I think it's becoming a classic case of "A fighter you used to hate, who you ended up liking" Froch, after proving me wrong over and over and over is starting to grow on me.

He absolutely destroyed Bute, destroyed.

Still can't believe how much of a short, one sided, beatdown it was.
      It is almost as if you wrote exactly how I have felt about Carl Froch. Great win for Froch. Bute is exposed. I know Froch fans will not stop talking about how great he is now but IMO this fight was more about Bute (how bad he was) then Froch.

Froch is the same fighter that stepped in with Ward--he hasn't become this great power puncher (his power on world level has been average) or highly skilled fighter with this fight. Stick him in with Ward tomorrow and he will get schooled. Stick him in with a faded Kessler and Dirrell and he will have a good fight.

I have always felt he is so slow and amateurish at times which is why I picked him losing the big fights. But he got the job done..............

Comment

• Bute got stunned in the first and hurt in the 2nd as well. Just can't seem to take a shot. Also, you know you have problems when you are taking LEAD UPPERCUTS FROM CARL FROCH

Comment

Bute gets an immediate rematch in Montreal. If he wants it. I'd recommend that he takes it. It will still make big money and I can't see any other way that Bute could redeem his reputation.
          He might get the money, but there is no evidence based on this fight that he would not get pummeled again. So getting beat up in front of his home fans=destroyed reputation and marketability. I mean I saw the fight again and I really don't see any positive you can take from this fight for Bute in to a possible Froch rematch.

I think they will probably move up to 175 and say that weight was an issue etc

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            What could go differently though? All the advantages Bute was supposed to have were NO WHERE to be seen. He looked like a bad fighter.
            All of that is true. It was an awful performance for Bute. But I think that his marketability was shattered by this loss, and another loss to Froch wouldn't drop him any lower. Bute did have a toe infection which almost postponed the fight, and the switch to Montreal could only help. There is no other fight for him that can make him as much money, and a win would redeem him somewhat.

Other than that, all he can do is move up to 175 (like another poster said) and hope that Pascal beats Cloud setting up another big Canadian fight. But until he at least performs respectably against Froch he'll always be seen as damaged goods from now on.

Comment

• Paul Williams

Please keep Paul Williams in your thoughts and prayers. I just heard he was in a terrible motorcycle accident and is facing permanent paralysis.

It's been a really bad holiday weekend for boxing.

Comment

• It's been a terrible year.

My prayers are with Paul and his family.

Paul has the heart to get through this.

Comment

• Poor Paul Williams, wouldn't wish that mental suffering he must be going through on my worst enemy.

Hope he defies the odds.

Comment

• If it's possible, Paul will walk again. He's that kind of person, with that kind of heart. Horrible news.

Comment

Please keep Paul Williams in your thoughts and prayers. I just heard he was in a terrible motorcycle accident and is facing permanent paralysis.

It's been a really bad holiday weekend for boxing.
                      More sad news. My thoughts and prayers go out to Paul Williams and his family.

Comment

Working...
                      X