No announcement yet.

Worst one sided beatdown...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kid McCoy View Post
    That was just one of many offers and proof that there was enough interest in the fight for such offers to be made. But when the fighter in question opts for lower-paying defences against journeyman fighters, in defiance of demands to face his mandatories, you have to wonder. Similarly, the WBC spent most of 1977 trying to force Ali to fight their new #1 contender Norton and Ali responded that "I'm bigger than boxing" and would not be told who or when to fight.

As I said before, Ali fought everyone there was to face from 64-75. After that I think he was picking his fights carefully and, imo, he was not interested in a Foreman rematch or a 4th Norton fight at that point in his career. Whatever way you spin it, fights with Wepner, Bugner, Young, Lyle, Dunn, Coopman and Evangelista were not bigger or more in demand than a Foreman rematch.
    put up some evidential proof of what you are claiming because you just spew out garbage on a daily basis and it is all down to your "Vivid Imagination" --- you claim Floyd Pattersom was nothing but a bum who avoided fighters who was not top rated, you claimed Sugar Ray Robinson was not the universally recognised P4P No1 fighter of all time and now you are claiming Muhammad Ali "Ducked" George Foreman... yet you never ever put up any links or have any evidence to back up your laughable claims... you are a Walter Mitty character who makes things up to suit, so i suggest you show evidence of Ali ducking Foreman.

Comment

That was just one of many offers and proof that there was enough interest in the fight for such offers to be made. But when the fighter in question opts for lower-paying defences against journeyman fighters, in defiance of demands to face his mandatories, you have to wonder. Similarly, the WBC spent most of 1977 trying to force Ali to fight their new #1 contender Norton and Ali responded that "I'm bigger than boxing" and would not be told who or when to fight.

As I said before, Ali fought everyone there was to face from 64-75. After that I think he was picking his fights carefully and, imo, he was not interested in a Foreman rematch or a 4th Norton fight at that point in his career. Whatever way you spin it, fights with Wepner, Bugner, Young, Lyle, Dunn, Coopman and Evangelista were not bigger or more in demand than a Foreman rematch.
      You prove to me over and over again that you are no older than your mid-20s and know very little about boxing history pre 1999.. you are claiming now that Muhammad Ali chose to fight for low pay against journeymen fighters rather than face his mandatory challenger during the period 1974-77.... show me evidence to back up your claims

Comment

Calzaghe/Lacy
        Lewis/Holyfield I
        Lewis/Golota
        Lewis/David Tua
        Lewis/Grant
        Lewis/RahmanII

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyZagz View Post
          Calzaghe/Lacy
          Lewis/Holyfield I
          Lewis/Golota
          Lewis/David Tua
          Lewis/Grant
          Lewis/RahmanII
          add these

McCall vs Lewis I
          Rahman vs Lewis I
          Reid vs Calzaghe

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
            add these

McCall vs Lewis I
            Rahman vs Lewis I
            Reid vs Calzaghe
            Both ZAgs and LL beat every man they ever faced.

Reid/Calzaghe was competitive, certainly no beatdown.

As for LL, Dangerously High Altitude, and a corrupt ref were the only reasons he didnt go undefeated.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyZagz View Post
              Both ZAgs and LL beat every man they ever faced.

Reid/Calzaghe was competitive, certainly no beatdown.

As for LL, Dangerously High Altitude, and a corrupt ref were the only reasons he didnt go undefeated.
              rofl.......

Comment

You prove to me over and over again that you are no older than your mid-20s and know very little about boxing history pre 1999..
                This from the guy who dismisses Charley Burley and Sam Langford and thinks Pacquiao will go down as the greatest boxer ever.

you are claiming now that Muhammad Ali chose to fight for low pay against journeymen fighters rather than face his mandatory challenger during the period 1974-77.... show me evidence to back up your claims
                How would you describe Dunn, Coopman, Wepner and Evangelista? I posted the WBC's order that Ali face their #1 contender Foreman after Norton, which you ignored. Ali's next opponent after that order was Alfredo Evangelista, who was coming off a loss to the great Lorenzo Zanon. I'd love to read your explanation why Foreman did not deserve a fight with Ali but the above guys did. Let's hope it's even better than Pete Rademacher being "undefeated". Like I said before, you're a fantasist who puts a weird spin on things and ignores anything that challenges your myopic views.

Please show where I called Floyd Patterson a bum. I said D'Amato protected him from the top contenders, and he did. Only in Sonnyboy land were Rademacher, McNeeley and London more deserving than Machen, Williams and Folley. Then again, who but Sonnyboy could trash Lewis for fighting old men and in the same paragraph trash him for not fighting even older men?
                Last edited by Kid McCoy; 11-24-2010, 11:58 AM.

Comment

This from the guy who dismisses Charley Burley and Sam Langford and thinks Pacquiao will go down as the greatest boxer ever.

How would you describe Dunn, Coopman, Wepner and Evangelista? I posted the WBC's order that Ali face their #1 contender Foreman after Norton, which you ignored. Ali's next opponent after that order was Alfredo Evangelista, who was coming off a loss to the great Lorenzo Zanon. I'd love to read your explanation why Foreman did not deserve a fight with Ali but the above guys did. Let's hope it's even better than Pete Rademacher being "undefeated". Like I said before, you're a fantasist who puts a weird spin on things and ignores anything that challenges your myopic views.

Please show where I called Floyd Patterson a bum. I said D'Amato protected him from the top contenders, and he did. Only in Sonnyboy land were Rademacher, McNeeley and London more deserving than Machen, Williams and Folley. Then again, who but Sonnyboy could trash Lewis for fighting old men and in the same paragraph trash him for not fighting even older men?
                  Burley & Langford was not in the same league as Robinson in terms of P4P No1

Pete Rademacher WAS undefeated

Show me your evidence that Muhammad Ali ducked a rematch with Foreman... put up or shut up!

i don't trash Lewis, it is common knowledge he only fought bums and hasbeens and with you being a fanboy of his you get upset when it is mentioned.

Show me one single link which proves Muhammad Ali ducked a rematch with Foreman... otherwise once again we willput your accusations down to your vivid imagination with you being nothing but a Walter Mitty character.... show the link instead of trying to draw me into one of your feeble little arguments of trashing a fighters opponents which again is pointless in your case because you was not born when Muhammad Ali was Heavyweight Champion in the 70s so your only source of information is the Boxrec site... put up the link to prove Ali ducked a rematch with Foreman.

Comment

Burley & Langford was not in the same league as Robinson in terms of P4P No1
                    Langford was and Burley was far better than you're claiming.

Pete Rademacher WAS undefeated
                    He was also winless.

Show me your evidence that Muhammad Ali ducked a rematch with Foreman... put up or shut up!
                    What would you accept as evidence?

i don't trash Lewis, it is common knowledge he only fought bums and hasbeens and with you being a fanboy of his you get upset when it is mentioned.
                    Yes you do. You claim Holyfield and Tyson were "old" in their 30s yet you think Lewis should have faced a 45 year old Bonecrusher Smith or Tim Witherspoon.

Show me one single link which proves Muhammad Ali ducked a rematch with Foreman... otherwise once again we willput your accusations down to your vivid imagination with you being nothing but a Walter Mitty character.... show the link instead of trying to draw me into one of your feeble little arguments of trashing a fighters opponents which again is pointless in your case because you was not born when Muhammad Ali was Heavyweight Champion in the 70s so your only source of information is the Boxrec site... put up the link to prove Ali ducked a rematch with Foreman.
                    You don't accept any evidence I offer. You seem to think everything can be found in a "link" on the net. You've once again ignored the WBC's order for Ali to face Foreman. And you've once again avoided my question: why were Dunn, Coopman, Evangelista and Wepner more deserving than Foreman?

Comment

Langford was and Burley was far better than you're claiming.

He was also winless.

What would you accept as evidence?

Yes you do. You claim Holyfield and Tyson were "old" in their 30s yet you think Lewis should have faced a 45 year old Bonecrusher Smith or Tim Witherspoon.

You don't accept any evidence I offer. You seem to think everything can be found in a "link" on the net. You've once again ignored the WBC's order for Ali to face Foreman. And you've once again avoided my question: why were Dunn, Coopman, Evangelista and Wepner more deserving than Foreman?
                      Burley & Langford was both excellent fighters but they was not universally recognised as P4P the No1 as that Mantle goes to Ray Robinson which is a point you argued and disagreed on.

Radamacher was the Olympic champion and fought Patterson in his first pro fight so was coming into the fight "undefeated"...

For you to claim that Tyson & Holyfield when they fought Lewis was not "Has-Beens" is ridiculous, Tyson was champion 16yrs previous to fighting Lewis, losing his title 14yrs previous to fighting Lewis and losing to Holyfield 6yrs previous to fighting Lewis as well as serving several lengthy prison sentences during that 14yr period before fighting Lewis... Holyfield had been a pro fighter for 15yrs before fighting Lewis and had suffered defeats as well as having heart problems and was at the tail-end of his career, to claim otherwise is incorrect and untrue as fight-fans the world over witnessed his slide.

As evidence you can put up a link or go to google news archives and put up the newspaper or other source which you read Muhammad Ali ducked a rematch with Foreman or you can tell me where it was you read that he ducked foreman as i have 1000s of books and ****zines which to check out your allegation...

In today's boxing world champions can pick and choose who they fight and when they fight them but back in the 1970s champions had a time limit deadline put on them by the two governing bodies the WBC & WBA and they had to fight the No1 contender within that deadline or they was stripped of the title unlike today, So if George Foreman was the number one contender then Ali would have had to fight a rematch with him otherwise he would have been stripped of the title. Foreman lost to Jimmy Young in March 1977 then announced his retirement from the sport yet Muhammad Ali was undisputed champion from October 1974-February 1978 so it is clear Foreman was never in a position to fight Muhammad Ali or force Ali to fight him by being ranked as the No1 contender... you claim the WBC ordered Ali to face Foreman then provide a link to back-up your claim.

Comment

Working...
                      X