Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Future topics in the boxing history section?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future topics in the boxing history section?

So, since we don't usually talk about current boxers here, except occasionally ones that have been around a while. I guess the rule here is we usually have to wait until someone retires right? Anyway, my question is, what boxers do you think we'll be talking about years from now, when they've either retired or have some more fights under their belt? Here would be my picks:

Miguel Cotto
    Yuriorkis Gamboa
    Floyd Mayweather
    Manny Pacquiao
    Bernard Hopkins

Other possibilites, depending on how their careers end up, could be guys like Amir Khan or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr., maybe a Devon Alexander, Paul Williams, Shane Mosley. So who do you think will be discussed more her in the future?

well for me personally, one of the most important questions: what if Margarito didn't have loaded wraps in the Cotto fight, how would Cotto's career have looked by now?

Comment

Originally posted by paulsinghnl View Post
      well for me personally, one of the most important questions: what if Margarito didn't have loaded wraps in the Cotto fight, how would Cotto's career have looked by now?
      Good question.

He would've beaten Margarito. I think going into the last round of their fight I had it a draw. And that was mostly because Margarito was able to hurt Cotto (with the loaded wraps). Without them he wouldn't have been to do that and Cotto would've won a decision.

He would've either faced Clottey and/or maybe even rematch Mosley (who was next up for Margarito), and if he got past them still would've went on to face Pacquiao. And who knows how that fight would've went, because it would be a different version of Cotto.

Comment

We speak about most / every boxer in here, they will all come up eventually.

Out of the list Hopkins, Mayweather and Pacquaio will be spoke about the most probably.

There is 0% proof that Margarito used illegal hand wraps in the Cotto fight and there's no way to find out now. No one can say for definite that he did.

For now keep this in NSB though please .

Comment

Those wraps passed inspection by Cotto's rep and the NSAC. It was a clean win as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
            We speak about most / every boxer in here, they will all come up eventually.

Out of the list Hopkins, Mayweather and Pacquaio will be spoke about the most probably.

There is 0% proof that Margarito used illegal hand wraps in the Cotto fight and there's no way to find out now. No one can say for definite that he did.

For now keep this in NSB though please .
            That's a future personal topic for me in the History section, take it however you want it.

I've followed Cotto's career and that was a big turning point in his career in terms of fighting style, his psychology in the ring, different trainer etc.

That fight doesn't make sense in comparison with all the other fights he's had before. most notably hard hitting Mosley he fought with.

anyway, that's a topic for me. what's yours?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
              Those wraps passed inspection by Cotto's rep and the NSAC. It was a clean win as far as I'm concerned.
              Did Luis Resto pass inspection? If there was plaster substance it dosent harden until the latter rounds, and the NSAC were not the people who caught Margs, it was trainer Nazim Richardson, the same guy who had Tito re-wrap before the Hopkins fight. Once again, if it wasen't for the trainer the NSAC would have given clearance.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post

Miguel Cotto
                Yuriorkis Gamboa

Floyd Mayweather
                Manny Pacquiao
                Bernard Hopkins

Other possibilites, depending on how their careers end up, could be guys like Amir Khan or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr., maybe a Devon Alexander, Paul Williams, Shane Mosley. So who do you think will be discussed more her in the future?
                I bolded 3 of my favorite fighters I hope will be talked about quite a bit in the future.

Pac, Mayweather, and Hopkins are already talked about in this section and are compared to fighters of the past. Mosley will be discussed for sure, just not on nearly as much as the other 3.

Comment

That's a future personal topic for me in the History section, take it however you want it.

I've followed Cotto's career and that was a big turning point in his career in terms of fighting style, his psychology in the ring, different trainer etc.

That fight doesn't make sense in comparison with all the other fights he's had before. most notably hard hitting Mosley he fought with.

anyway, that's a topic for me. what's yours?
                  Fair enough.

Rigondeaux, how well would he do against past Bantams / how far could he of got if he successfully left Cuba at a earlier age ?.

He seems to be very talented so far and has definitely shown it in the AMs, when he retires we should of seen him against some elite level competition and how he deals with different styles.
                  He's old, so he's going to have to rush things a long as well and try to achieve as much as he can.

Where do people rank Wlad Klitschko all time ?.

Wlad gets unfairly judged by both sides, he seems to be massively over rated or under rated by most on the board, after he retires we should be able to rank him fairly.
                  Although I have a feeling the bias will be the same.

Comment

Well he only has 2 losses so far in his career. And nobody knows for sure if the wraps were actually loaded when Margharitio fought Cotto, just when he fought Mosley. So even with the losses, his career still looks good and with all the steroid and blood doping rumors about Pacquaio, Cotto's only 2 losses so far are against suspected cheaters.

Comment

Working...
                    X