Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Future topics in the boxing history section?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
    Fair enough.

Rigondeaux, how well would he do against past Bantams / how far could he of got if he successfully left Cuba at a earlier age ?.

He seems to be very talented so far and has definitely shown it in the AMs, when he retires we should of seen him against some elite level competition and how he deals with different styles.
    He's old, so he's going to have to rush things a long as well and try to achieve as much as he can.

Where do people rank Wlad Klitschko all time ?.

Wlad gets unfairly judged by both sides, he seems to be massively over rated or under rated by most on the board, after he retires we should be able to rank him fairly.
    Although I have a feeling the bias will be the same.
    Rigondeaux in my opinion still has some time left to make a reasonable footprint in boxing history. and if you compare Wlad to Rocky (who was unbeaten against reasonable competition) i think it's Wlad's style and lesser quality of competition (compared to Rocky's) makes him rate a little lesser. i think if the Haye fight's made and Haye finally presses him a little, forcing him to fight more instead of just keeping his opponent off him 12 rds and jab right handing him.

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
    Well he only has 2 losses so far in his career. And nobody knows for sure if the wraps were actually loaded when Margharitio fought Cotto, just when he fought Mosley. So even with the losses, his career still looks good and with all the steroid and blood doping rumors about Pacquaio, Cotto's only 2 losses so far are against suspected cheaters.
    yup, i agree. we shall see in the future topics of the boxing history thread, i guess.

Comment

Originally posted by blaze778 View Post
      I bolded 3 of my favorite fighters I hope will be talked about quite a bit in the future.

Pac, Mayweather, and Hopkins are already talked about in this section and are compared to fighters of the past. Mosley will be discussed for sure, just not on nearly as much as the other 3.
      I'll be looking forward to that, as Cotto, Gamboa and Williams are 3 favorites of mine as well.

Another one I'll be looking forward to talking about will be Marco Antonio Barrera. His fights with Erik Morales, Naseem Hamed and Kennedy McKinney are some of my favorites.
      Last edited by Anthony342; 11-13-2010, 02:44 PM.

Comment

The Klitschkos will be discussed here, so will Mosely, Gamboa, maybe juanma, ivan calderon? Sergio Martinez? Amir Khan?

Comment

Originally posted by katsidis View Post
          The Klitschkos will be discussed here, so will Mosely, Gamboa, maybe juanma, ivan calderon? Sergio Martinez? Amir Khan?
          Which Juanma, Marquez or Lopez? Or I guess both.

Comment

In all these years I've never heard Marquez referred to as Juanma, although the name would certainly apply.

Comment

I was talking about Lopez, but hopefully Marquez will be discussed also.

Comment

Working...
              X