Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Heanrs so underrated

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hearns is somewhat underrated. He lost to SRL, but if he knew how to hold he would have won that fight. He was a champ in 5 different weight categories (not counting his bogus cruiserweight titles) and no one ever says anything about it.

Comment

I think he is not underrated. He always mentioned among the greatest of all times. Hearns is a legend.
      Slugfester Slugfester likes this.

Comment

I like tommy, i think the dubious details that proceeded his fight with marvin hagler also contributed to his defeat in that fight and had a telling effect on his current health.he was the best welterweight in my opinion.

Comment

Hearns made up for his chin with his heart

He is prolly top 3 welterweight of all time

He isnt #1 best p4p, but he's my #1 favorite of all time

Long live Thomas "The Hitman" Hearns!

btw he would DESTRUCT AND DESTROY Felix "Tito" Trinidad
          in round 2-3

Comment

Originally posted by Tha Greatest View Post
            Hearns made up for his chin with his heart

He is prolly top 3 welterweight of all time

He isnt #1 best p4p, but he's my #1 favorite of all time

Long live Thomas "The Hitman" Hearns!

btw he would DESTRUCT AND DESTROY Felix "Tito" Trinidad
            in round 2-3
            - - Possibly, but Tito can hit as hard with a better chin.

Hearns prob elects to box Tito silly for a points decision.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post

- - Possibly, but Tito can hit as hard with a better chin.

Hearns prob elects to box Tito silly for a points decision.
              Strange but . . . Hearns' claim to fame is his two biggest loses, Leonard and Hagler, with two other loses to his nemesis Barkley. (Forget the Grant loss that was at the end.)

I suspect he takes out Tito without too much trouble. By the time Trinidad was ready for Hearns he (Hearns) was a Super Middleweight and that would have been too big for Tito to handle. I go with 'The Greatest' prediction, Hearns at 168 would KO Trinidad.

Had they matched up time-frame wise, as welterweights, than that would be a different story.

Comment

Jaw, jaw, jaw. He visited queer street more pronounced than most top level fighters. The one almost absolute among ATGs is jaw, jaw, jaw. Hearns was the outlier, atypical IMO. He kind of just barely made it in the jaw department, enough to be great but not the best. The guys who knocked him out were not monster punchers. Without such a devastating offense that quite often precluded the need for defense, I don't believe he would have been an ATG, though a fine boxer, and may have been knocked out a few more times.

The weak chin does show up and become apparent here and there. He goes on queer street in a very pronounced manner a la Klitscko, straight legged and easy meat at that point. Powers of rececovery? You tell me.

Comment

Originally posted by Slugfester View Post
                  Jaw, jaw, jaw. He visited queer street more pronounced than most top level fighters. The one almost absolute among ATGs is jaw, jaw, jaw. Hearns was the outlier, atypical IMO. He kind of just barely made it in the jaw department, enough to be great but not the best. The guys who knocked him out were not monster punchers. Without such a devastating offense that quite often precluded the need for defense, I don't believe he would have been an ATG, though a fine boxer, and may have been knocked out a few more times.

The weak chin does show up and become apparent here and there. He goes on queer street in a very pronounced manner a la Klitscko, straight legged and easy meat at that point. Powers of rececovery? You tell me.
                  Reminds me of Terry Norris. Killer power, poor chin.

Comment

Originally posted by kara View Post

Reminds me of Terry Norris. Killer power, poor chin.
                    Norris had an all-star glass jaw.

Comment

Originally posted by Slugfester View Post

Norris had an all-star glass jaw.
                      I thought Julian Jackson killed him.

Comment

Working...
                      X