Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who was the best heavyweight of the 90's?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post

I don't see those fights as big wins for Holyfield. If he was "faded" against Lewis, Holmes and Foreman certainly were at the very least as faded as Holyfield was.
    Through the entire decade Lewis did not fight many better the Foreman.

Comment

Originally posted by Holtol View Post
      Through the entire decade Lewis did not fight many better the Foreman.
      Aside from Holyfield (who beat Foreman) Lewis easily beat Tommy Morrison who outpointed Foreman fairly easily. So I don't agree that the over 40 Foreman was superior to fighters like Bruno or Mercer. Foreman would do nothing for Lewis resume.
      Last edited by joseph5620; 11-04-2010, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
        Aside from Holyfield (who beat Foreman) Lewis easily beat Tommy Morrison who outpointed Foreman fairly easily. So I don't agree that the over 40 Foreman was superior to fighters like Bruno or Mercer. Foreman would do nothing for Lewis resume.
        Morrison beat Foreman but that was a couple years after Holyfeild beat him. Its safe to say Foreman had deteriorated some what in those two years.

In 1999 Lewis had the better resume since he beat Holyfield. But that's only 1/10th of a decade. I still think Evander had more big wins and fights through the 90s compared to Lewis.

Comment

Working...
        X