Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who was the best heavyweight of the 90's?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tyson struggled with some problems foreman had one lucky punch against moorer but it was holyfield who dominated the division throughout those years

Comment

Hard to believe that people actually voted for Tyson. Maybe they confused the 90's with the 80's? It's clearly between Holyfield and Lewis.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
        Hard to believe that people actually voted for Tyson. Maybe they confused the 90's with the 80's?
        True enough.

Comment

Lewis for me, more dominant in the 90s than Holyfield.

Comment

Originally posted by The Iron Man View Post
            Lewis for me, more dominant in the 90s than Holyfield.
            Through the entire Decade I think Holyfield. Lewis was coming on strong later in the 90s. During the 90s Holyfield fought George Foreman, Larry Holmes, Rid**** Bowe 3 times, Moore 2 times, Ray Mercer, Tyson 2 times. And a Faded Holyfield came close to beating Lewis in 99.
            Last edited by Holtol; 11-03-2010, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Holtol View Post
              Through the entire Decade I think Holyfield. Lewis was coming on strong later in the 90s. During the 90s Holyfield fought George Foreman, Larry Holmes, Rid**** Bowe 3 times, Moore 2 times, Ray Mercer, Tyson 2 times. And a Faded Holyfield came close to beating Lewis in 99.
              But he didn't win all those fights: lost two to Bowe, had a loss and a draw with Lewis, and a loss to Moorer. I'd go for Lewis too as he was more consistent and dominant, and did beat Holyfield when they finally met.

Comment

Originally posted by Kid McCoy View Post
                But he didn't win all those fights: lost two to Bowe, had a loss and a draw with Lewis, and a loss to Moorer. I'd go for Lewis too as he was more consistent and dominant, and did beat Holyfield when they finally met.
                On wins and losses alone I would agree, but Holyfield fought and beat better boxers. Lewis lost in the 90s also against Mccall

Comment

Originally posted by Holtol View Post

I don't see those fights as big wins for Holyfield. If he was "faded" against Lewis, Holmes and Foreman certainly were at the very least as faded as Holyfield was.

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                    Evander :allhail9:
                    co sign. Prime Evander who came for a big fight was a beast.

I just can't see Lewis beating a prime Holyfield IMO.

prime Holyfield was fast, damn near as quick as Tyson had an incredible will and good stamina. I know when Lewis trained hard he was good, But I see Holyfield being too much for Lewis on the inside.
                    Last edited by them_apples; 11-03-2010, 10:23 PM.

Comment

i know it's Holyfield, but Bowe was the best that never got to be, man.. hahaha. He did beat Holyfield twice though.

Comment

Working...
                      X