Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dempsey on Marciano's Power

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ali also considers Marciano one of the hardest hitters ever, says he beats everyone else but won't pick a winner against Marciano.
    Last edited by Toe Injury; 10-29-2010, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Big George has always been my favorite fighter, George certainly had the brains to go with his brawn!
      Last edited by JAB5239; 10-29-2010, 10:57 PM.

Comment

That is just horrific! Marciano was one of the fighters I watched and studied to get my understanding of punching power...It has nothing to do with mass or weight, but rather concerning it the human body is turned into a machine. That machine must be honed, reconstructed, and shaped to be a punching machine. All of the muscles, which are connected to ligaments and bones to effect the way they contract, must be coordinated perfectly to turn the fist into a bullet, like a bunch of rubber bands firing a iron ball almost...

IE Chimpanzees weigh much less than a normal man, but are 10x stronger...it is all engineering.

I remember that one of Foreman's handlers was one of Marciano's also for the Rumble in the Jungle, he said that he felt that Rocky may have hit even harder than George.

I also have heard that George said that the hardest hitter he had ever seen in the gym was Tony Galento.

Comment

Originally posted by XionComrade View Post
          That is just horrific! Marciano was one of the fighters I watched and studied to get my understanding of punching power...It has nothing to do with mass or weight, but rather concerning it the human body is turned into a machine. That machine must be honed, reconstructed, and shaped to be a punching machine. All of the muscles, which are connected to ligaments and bones to effect the way they contract, must be coordinated perfectly to turn the fist into a bullet, like a bunch of rubber bands firing a iron ball almost...

IE Chimpanzees weigh much less than a normal man, but are 10x stronger...it is all engineering.

I remember that one of Foreman's handlers was one of Marciano's also for the Rumble in the Jungle, he said that he felt that Rocky may have hit even harder than George.

I also have heard that George said that the hardest hitter he had ever seen in the gym was Tony Galento.
          Marciano was a wrecking machine, if you see the size of Marciano and how he hurt the big guys.. those shots looked brutal. he torqued his body around and his shots came with the body motions. like Bert Sugar said in the video, totally mushing up the face with every shot.. wow!

Comment

Originally posted by XionComrade View Post

I'm a little skeptical of that since Galento stopped fighting five years before George was even born.

Comment

I guess it would seem like that at the time, but I can't imagine him being a harder hitter than someone like Tyson or either Klitschko.

You can tell by viewing their respective films.

Comment

Originally posted by INSECT View Post
                I guess it would seem like that at the time, but I can't imagine him being a harder hitter than someone like Tyson or either Klitschko.

You can tell by viewing their respective films.
                Tyson hardly cracks the top 20 for hardest punchers of all time ( #16 ). The K bros don;t have 1 punch K.O power.

We are talking punch for punch

Comment

Originally posted by Forza View Post
                  Tyson hardly cracks the top 20 for hardest punchers of all time ( #16 ). The K bros don;t have 1 punch K.O power.

We are talking punch for punch
                  It's easy for the Klits to artificially inflate their KO% when they fight a bunch of fatties that would rather quit on their stools than actually fight from bell to bell. Running up a white flag after you fall behind has become WAY too acceptable these days :rolleyes9:

Poet

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                      I'm a little skeptical of that since Galento stopped fighting five years before George was even born.

Comment

Working...
                      X