Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Many Gift Decisions Was Muhammad Ali Given in his Career?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Many Gift Decisions Was Muhammad Ali Given in his Career?

Poll coming. How many fights was he given the win when you scored it a draw or for the opponent.
    -2: Ali Really Beat Frazier and Norton First Time Around
    3.85%
    -1: Ali Beat Frazier all 3 times
    0%
    0: Every score was perfect
    38.46%
    1: Ali Was Given One Gift
    15.38%
    2: There were two bad decision
    19.23%
    3 or More: Ali was given tons of gifts in his career.
    23.08%

Young and the 3rd fight with Norton, Young won the fight clearly and the Norton fight was close but I feel it was a win for him and so do many others.

Comment

No gift decsisions really, but some close fights and a win is a win.

Comment

No gift decisions

Comment

A "gift" decision is a blatantly obvious loss, awarded to the fighter who you believe lost.

Ali was never given a "gift" decision.

Ali vs Norton III and Ali vs Young were his closest fights imo.

None of them were gift decisions.

A "gift" decision would be something like Ottke vs Reid etc

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post

Young and the 3rd fight with Norton, Young won the fight clearly and the Norton fight was close but I feel it was a win for him and so do many others.
            I will go along with this. I scored Ali norton 3 and in my card Norton won, quite clearly. Young was not a great decision either.

Plus I will like to state that Clay vs Doug Jones is another murky fight.

In my card Ali-Shavers should have atleast a draw. Never the less this was no "gift" decision, might be a bit unfair to Shavers.

Comment

Im not a big fan of ALi, but maybe I should change the word gift. My idea of a gift decision is simply when a guy is given a decision I disagree with. I mean some judges are just bad. One just in the Foreman vs. Ali fight had Foreman winning 0 rounds against Ali...im sorry, I wasnt watching the same fight. ( I had it 3-3-1 going into the 8th). The same ref who had Reid beating calzaghe (116-111) also had Dimitrenko drawing Chambers. SO I think there are bad refs out there.

From what I saw he had 3 gifts. Young, and Norton 2 and 3. I thought Shavers was a draw and I havent seen the Jones fight, but have read many opinions on it, but cant comment without actually watching the fight.

I dont think Ali ever flat out got a win that wasnt close though, although the first Spinks fights scores were pretty ridiculous imo. So by gift I just mean decisions you dont agree with.

Comment

Originally posted by Die Antwoord View Post
                Im not a big fan of ALi,
                NO?????

Typical thread from yourself, if we say that the Klit's are the greatest human beings let alone fighters ever will you run along?

Comment

I've never seen the Young fight, but winning over Norton was very close. Could have gone either way, hard to call that a "gift."

Comment

Originally posted by Die Antwoord View Post
                    Im not a big fan of ALi, but maybe I should change the word gift. My idea of a gift decision is simply when a guy is given a decision I disagree with. I mean some judges are just bad. One just in the Foreman vs. Ali fight had Foreman winning 0 rounds against Ali...im sorry, I wasnt watching the same fight. ( I had it 3-3-1 going into the 8th). The same ref who had Reid beating calzaghe (116-111) also had Dimitrenko drawing Chambers. SO I think there are bad refs out there.

From what I saw he had 3 gifts. Young, and Norton 2 and 3. I thought Shavers was a draw and I havent seen the Jones fight, but have read many opinions on it, but cant comment without actually watching the fight.

I dont think Ali ever flat out got a win that wasnt close though, although the first Spinks fights scores were pretty ridiculous imo. So by gift I just mean decisions you dont agree with.
                    "Gift decision" does not mean a decision I don't agree with, since I'm not qualified to judge a fight. Unless it's a blatant robbery, the judges get the benefit of the doubt over my opinion.

And every fight that Ali won by decision, I scored for him.

Comment

Working...
                    X