Ron Lyle vs vitali klitschko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ron Lyle vs vitali klitschko

How do you see this going?

Ron Lyle is 10X better than any opponent Vitali has ever beaten with Lyle's opposition also being vastly superior to anyone Vitali has ever fought so all the experience, strength, power lies with Ron Lyle who i would take to win by KO6

Comment

Come on...Lyle was a solid HW with a suspect chin. They might have been about even in power but Klitschko is probably the stronger man, has a better defence, and in short is just the better fighter.

Comment

All the talent lies with Lyle and he is indeed much better than every one of Vitali's opponents...........including the version of Lennox Lewis that Vitali fought.

The only problem with Lyle is punch resistance. Lighter punchers than Vitali hurt him......and Vitali does seem to have a world class chin.

This is a tough call, my heart says Lyle on points, but in a three fight series I could see Vitali stealing at least one fight by KO/TKO.

Comment

Maybe I'm just not educated enough about my boxing history, and definitely not looking to be disrespectful, but I haven't seen anything from Lyle to suggest he would be able to cope with V Klitschko.

He's awkward and a bit robotic, but I think most HWs would have fits with him - chin, stamina, horribly effective defence, and plenty of power of his own.

Comment

Originally posted by OptimusWolf View Post
            Maybe I'm just not educated enough about my boxing history, and definitely not looking to be disrespectful, but I haven't seen anything from Lyle to suggest he would be able to cope with V Klitschko.

He's awkward and a bit robotic, but I think most HWs would have fits with him - chin, stamina, horribly effective defence, and plenty of power of his own.
            Seen a couple of his fights vs Forman and Ali. The Forman fight was a real slug fest, Lyle came close to knocking him out. I still favor Vitali in a three fight series.

Comment

Yeah I've seen that fight with Foreman. Great fight. The thing I would say though is that George Mk1 wasn't much of an in ring thinker, and I think V Klit is much more cautious which would be an advantage here

Comment

Originally posted by OptimusWolf View Post

Well his pure boxing skills were very good, as a product of his excellent amateur pedigree, good enough to outbox the likes of Jimmy Ellis, Joe Bugner, or Larry Middleton. He of course was ahead of Ali on points in 1975 up till the point of stoppage. His conditioning was legendary, 1000 pressups an hour as an example.

I never thought of him as being awkward or robotic, he was a pretty good mover. He was just a very good boxer puncher.

Comment

Sorry I was talking Klitschko with the robotic bit.....

Lyle could box (was he really ahead of Ali though - thats not how I remembered the fight - maybe I should rewatch).

I like Lyle and he was in some classic fights. I just think Vitali is a bad matchup with the chin, defense and power set against Lyle's whiskers and susceptibility to getting hit.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
                    Well his pure boxing skills were very good, as a product of his excellent amateur pedigree, good enough to outbox the likes of Jimmy Ellis, Joe Bugner, or Larry Middleton. He of course was ahead of Ali on points in 1975 up till the point of stoppage. His conditioning was legendary, 1000 pressups an hour as an example.

I never thought of him as being awkward or robotic, he was a pretty good mover. He was just a very good boxer puncher.
                    I just would not bet against a guy who never has been behind in a fight and never knocked down.

Comment

Working...
                    X