Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ATG Fighters, Who Had A Non Existant Jab?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LeTombeur View Post
    you're trying to flee from your former statement : we're not talking about fighters who don't consistently use their jabs, we're talking about fighters who almost never used it

and Tyson and Foreman don't fit that bill, sorry, because they did use their jabs, sparringly or not, doesn't matter

Yea, Tyson jabbed a fair bit in the Tillis fight, certainly early on.......and dare I say it, he also threw quite a few jabs at Buster Douglas early too.

More recently, Tyson's jab was in show against Bruno 2, I think he trebbled it once in the fight. Even in the Lennox Lewis fight, Tyson worked behind the jab in round one from memory.

Comment

Originally posted by r.burgundy View Post
      roy jones,mike tyson,george foreman
      they all had great jabs when they chose to use it. foremans jab was one of his best punches, he would blind u with it before he dropped a heavy right hand. tyson had a great jab too, at times he didnt use it but it was there when he needed it. RJJ had an amazing jab, like tyson he didnt always use it (in his prime) but it was always part of his arsenal. it was his main weapon against pazienza and lacy just to name two fights.

to be fair i dont think there really are any atg fighters who didnt have a decent jab atleast. some didnt always use it beacuse they were so dominant they didnt have to, but it was part of their arsenal to pull out when needed. james toney is another example.

Comment

Agreed with much here. Duran did show a good jab against Buchannan though very early on.
        Last edited by JAB5239; 10-26-2010, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
          Yea, Tyson jabbed a fair bit in the Tillis fight, certainly early on.......and dare I say it, he also threw quite a few jabs at Buster Douglas early too.

More recently, Tyson's jab was in show against Bruno 2, I think he trebbled it once in the fight. Even in the Lennox Lewis fight, Tyson worked behind the jab in round one from memory.
          true

I didn't feel like re-watching segments of Tyson's fights just to prove my point to r.burgundy, but these are good examples

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post

The Tucker fight is the best example of Tyson using his jab to good effect. I would by no means so he had a great jab but it wasnt non existent. Fraziers on the other hand pretty much was!

Comment

Originally posted by The Iron Man View Post
              The Tucker fight is the best example of Tyson using his jab to good effect. I would by no means so he had a great jab but it wasnt non existent. Fraziers on the other hand pretty much was!

Yes Tucker too. There naturally were other nights too, especially on the way up...........its just that I've watched the Tillis and Buster Douglas fights in the last week and they were both fresh in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by r.burgundy View Post
                i dont think shane is an atg though
                That's certainly fair. He has ATG tools, though for sure and an ATG set of brass ones.

Comment

Working...
                X