No announcement yet.

Your scorecard: 1986 bout between Mike Tyson and Quick Tillis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morales. View Post
    You need to show some respect to Ali and B-hop.
    Why should I? Did B-hop show any respect to guys like K.Holmes, Calzaghe and Taylor? Did Ali show any respect to Frazier and his family?
    They are atgs just like Tyson. Tyson respects Ali as the greatest, if your a fan of his you would do likewise.
    It doesn't work like that. For example Tyson has nothing positive to say about his former managers(Cayton and Jacobs), but I think those guys were good guys.
    Last edited by Toney616; 09-25-2010, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by -Ironmike- View Post
      Why?

It doesn't work like that
      They are muslim brothers.

Tyson has great respect for Ali you must also if you wish to call yourself 'ironmike'.

Comment

They are muslim brothers.
        What has that got to do with anything?
        Tyson has great respect for Ali you must also if you wish to call yourself 'ironmike'.
        Just because I like the way a fighter fights in the ring, doesn't mean I have to respect or even like his opinions outside of the ring as well.

For the record I'm a fan of Tyson from 85-91. I disagree with a lot of the stuff he said and did after that. But he was the guy that got me into boxing and he was a great fighter during the 80's
        Last edited by Toney616; 09-25-2010, 11:45 AM.

Comment

What has that got to do with anything?

Just because I like the way a fighter fights in the ring, doesn't mean I have to respect or even like his opinions outside of the ring as well.

For the record I'm a fan of Tyson from 85-91. I disagree with a lot of the stuff he said and did after that. But he was the guy that got me into boxing and he was a great fighter during the 80's
          They are muslim brothers and deserve your respect. Hopkins continues to defy the odds at 40+, Ali is a 3 team hevayweight champion.

Tyson rates Ali as the greatest, you should also. Tyson is the 2nd best heavyweight of all time and is the only guy who has a chance of competing with a prime Ali.

Comment

What is your evidence that Tyson raped her? Even the jury after they had heard a lot of the evidence that the defense wasn't allowed to use, had serious doubts about whether justice had been carried out.
            My evidence is the same evidence the State presented, which was enough to convince the jury of Tyson's guilt.

I don't worship the dude and I don't think he raped her either. Before his sentencing the judge told him that she would give Tyson a much more lenient sentence if he admitted to his crime. Tyson said, "I cant do that, because I haven't done anything and I would rather serve the whole sentence(6 years) than admit to something I just didn't do"

Think about that

LOL, a convict claiming he's innocent, what a shocker. Gee, that couldn't have anything to do with the fact that there were was a decent record preserved for appeal, could it?

Do you know how many sex criminals will not admit to their actions despite the fact that doing so would result in a mitigated sentence?
            Last edited by SBleeder; 09-25-2010, 12:11 PM.

Comment

They are muslim brothers and deserve your respect. Hopkins continues to defy the odds at 40+, Ali is a 3 team heavyweight champion.
              Why are you bringing religion into this?
              Hopkins has defied the odds due to the fact that he has been cherry-picking his opponents since 2005
              Ali had a very successful career no doubt about that, but he wasn't some heroic figure outside of the ring
              Tyson rates Ali as the greatest, you should also. Tyson is the 2nd best heavyweight of all time and is the only guy who has a chance of competing with a prime Ali.
              Your reasoning is flawed

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
                My evidence is the same evidence the State presented, which was enough to convince the jury of Tyson's guilt.
                And as I said before, when the same jury was then given access to a lot of the evidence, which the defense wasn't allowed to present to then, they had serious doubts. Things like:
                -Before she decided to prosecute she called around to find out how much money she could sue him for, if she got a conviction
                -She accused her classmate of rape, so she wouldn't get into trouble with her father for coming home late from a party

She would sue Tyson for 1.5m, after he was released from prison
                LOL, a convict claiming he's innocent, what a shocker. Gee, that couldn't have anything to do with the fact that there were was a decent record preserved for appeal, could it?
                Their was no evidence, that forced sexual intercourse had taken place
                Neither was there any witnesses that heard a struggle
                There was a lot of problems with her story as well

It was basically her word against his. If you check out the Tyson sports century documentary on Youtube. One of the legal advisers says the maybe if Tyson had looked more remorseful and taken some notes during the hearing then he would of gotten off. It was the fact that he was so aloof during the proceedings which turned a lot of the jury members against him

"We think there has been a mistrial of justice"-One of the jury members after hearing the disallowed evidence"

Source:
                Tyson:Nature of the beast
                The Dark Trade
                Tyson Sports century documentary
                Last edited by Toney616; 09-25-2010, 12:25 PM.

Comment

And as I said before, when the same jury was then given access to a lot of the evidence, which the defense wasn't allowed to present to then, they had serious doubts. Things like:
                  -Before she decided to prosecute she called around to find out how much money she could sue him for, if she got a conviction
                  -She accused her classmate of rape, so she wouldn't get into trouble with her father for coming home late from a party

She would sue Tyson for 1.5m, after he was released from prison

Their was no evidence, that forced sexual intercourse had taken placeNeither was there any witnesses that heard a struggle
                  There was a lot of problems with her story as well

It was basically her word against his. If you check out the Tyson sports century documentary on Youtube. One of the legal advisers says the maybe if Tyson had looked more remorseful and taken some notes during the hearing then he would of gotten off. It was the fact that he was so aloof during the proceedings which turned a lot of the jury members against him
                  The victim's testimony is sufficient evidence. Yes, rape shield rules prevent the admission of prior sexual conduct of the victim... admission of such evidence would be unfairly prejudicial to the State.

Don't forget that there was inadmissible information on "Team Tyson's" attempts to talk the victim out of pursuing her complaint (victim's don't decide whether or not a defendant is prosecuted).

And there was testimony from a physician on the victim's condition.

I have access to Lexis Nexus and have gotten to read the transcripts from the trial- her testimony was very consistent; Tyson's was not. And a defendant's demeanor during trial is perfectly acceptable for a jury to observe and consider.

Comment

LOL, a convict claiming he's innocent, what a shocker.
                    Do you have any idea the suffering the Ali caused to Frazier and his family?
                    WTF was he doing preaching at KKK conventions? And you want to hate on Tyson? lol

Comment

Do you have any idea the suffering the Ali caused to Frazier and his family?
                      WTF was he doing preaching at KKK conventions? And you want to hate on Tyson? lol
                      What do Ali's actions have to do with Tyson's guilt or innocence?

Ali wasn't perfect by a long shot, but at least he conducted himself as a human being, not a wild animal who should be put in a muzzle.

Comment

Working...
                      X