Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who was the best OVERALL puncher in the sport ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heavy: Louis (Easy)
    Light Heavy: Sam Langford
    Middle: Ketchell
    Welter: (Robinson...he'd have even more KO's but carried certain guys)
    Lightweight: Duran
    Featherweight: Hamed or Saddler...I've talked to old timers who thought Naz was overrated but still thought his power was mind blowing
    Bantamweight: Zarate (yup, over Olivares)
    Fly: Wilde

Of those, Langford, Wilde and Louis would be my top three.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
      Heavy: Louis (Easy)
      Light Heavy: Sam Langford
      Middle: Ketchell
      Welter: (Robinson...he'd have even more KO's but carried certain guys)
      Lightweight: Duran
      Featherweight: Hamed or Saddler...I've talked to old timers who thought Naz was overrated but still thought his power was mind blowing
      Bantamweight: Zarate (yup, over Olivares)
      Fly: Wilde

Of those, Langford, Wilde and Louis would be my top three.
      I would probably put Langford as the top Middleweight and rate Archie Moore as the top Light-Heavy. Zarate's a good call at Bantam but I wonder if Jofre might be better.....either is a good call I think though.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
        I would probably put Langford as the top Middleweight and rate Archie Moore as the top Light-Heavy. Zarate's a good call at Bantam but I wonder if Jofre might be better.....either is a good call I think though.

Poet
        Jofre was a better fighter (one of the ten best period IMO) but overall puncher I go with CZ.

Langford spent more of his career at Light Heavy and heavy than Middle and leveled dudes with 20-30 lb. disadvantages. Like him slightly over Moore.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
          Jofre was a better fighter (one of the ten best period IMO) but overall puncher I go with CZ.

Langford spent more of his career at Light Heavy and heavy than Middle and leveled dudes with 20-30 lb. disadvantages. Like him slightly over Moore.
          Yea Langford at light heavy makes sense...Though he was a wonderful overall puncher who fought from light weight to light heavy...Putting him in a class is very difficult IMO. He was great. When you classify by class then you automatically shut out options. Langford was #2 in my list he was a beast. And yes CZ was a better puncher according to me too.

Comment

Working...
          X