Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Antonio Tarver:What do people here think of him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very good lightheavyweight, but not the ATG he thinks he is.

Comment

The man that knocked the prime out of Roy Jones Jr. ATG Light Heavyweight. one of the best to ever lace them up IMO.

Maybe not resume wise besides the Roy Jones fight but his skills were beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by Natedatpkid View Post
        The man that knocked the prime out of Roy Jones Jr. ATG Light Heavyweight. one of the best to ever lace them up IMO.

Maybe not resume wise besides the Roy Jones fight but his skills were beautiful.
        Tarver was a good lightheavy, but I don't think he holds a candle to the all time greats at that weight. I can't think of one top 10 ATG at 175 that I'd pick him against. Jmo.

Comment

Tarver had skills. Very underrated, good resume with wins over Jones, Griffin, Harding, and Johnson. He did the best he could with a late pro debut. But I wouldn't call him an ATG.

Fortunately, he's guaranteed to make the Hall of Fame someday.

Unfortunately, knocking out Roy Jones would be the main reason he would be guaranteed to be on there. It's debatable whether he would be a future Hall of Famer without beating Roy.

If he had a dominate reign or beat Hopkins, I would think differently.

Comment

Working...
          X