Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Foreman vs Frazier I end in a knockout?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for ****sake it was stopped it goes down as a ko on the record end of story

Comment

Originally posted by nightowl View Post
      I'm just asking whether or not Foreman vs Frazier I ended in a knockout.

It's a pretty easy question to answer. Everyone who knows anything about boxing knows the result. For some, however, it seems really hard to answer
      Technically it was a knockout, which some ppl here pointed out already. I don't think anyone denies that frazier couldn't of continued.

Comment

Originally posted by sleazyfellow View Post
        Technically it was a knockout, which some ppl here pointed out already. I don't think anyone denies that frazier couldn't of continued.
        Okay, good. So Foreman knocked Frazier out in two rounds, while knocking him down six times along the way.

Thanks for answering.

Comment

A ko is like Tua vs Ruiz or Pac vs Hatton

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
            A ko is like Tua vs Ruiz or Pac vs Hatton

He doesn't have the mental capacity to distinguish the difference. He PM'd me telling me they're the same thing. When I asked why there was a categorized distinction between the two and whether he thought V. Klitschko could have continued against Lewis had he been allowed to he stopped responding. Truth is, if they were the same thing there wouldn't be any need to distinguish one from the other.

Comment

referee Athur Mercante stopped the fight after the 6th knock down with Archie Moore shouting from Foremans corner to stop the fight, Foreman also shouted to Yank Durham in Frazier`s corner for him to stop the fight, Mercante said that when he stopped the fight that Frazier was on his feet and "Ready to go on"... it was a TKO stoppage not a KO... a KO is Rahman vs Lewis 1 & 2 where the 10 count is reached by the referee, in the Foreman vs Frazier fight the count of 10 was never reached so the fight is a TKO.. Frazier must have had an unbelievable Chin he was actually lifted off the canvas by the power of Foremans punches yet those power-punches could not crack his granite-chin... Frazier was incredibley tough.

Comment

Originally posted by sleazyfellow View Post
                W

I been breathing longer than you could spell, double that maybe.

You are trying to prove that joe has no chin because he got tko'd by foreman? I guess chuvalo has a glass chin as well, since foreman and frazier both tko'd him, you idiot altt.
                In Chuvalo's case it was a standing TKO , without a knockdown.
                So Chuvalo did have a great chin , but had a crappy technique.
                In Frazier's case there were plenty of knockdowns as you know.
                And Frazier was knocked down twice against Bonavena , hurt early by Quarry and didn't even fight Ron Lyle , Mac Foster and Earnie Shavers , who knows how many knockdowns and stoppage losses he would have suffered then ?

Comment

Originally posted by frankenfrank View Post
                  In Chuvalo's case it was a standing TKO , without a knockdown.
                  So Chuvalo did have a great chin , but had a crappy technique.
                  In Frazier's case there were plenty of knockdowns as you know.
                  And Frazier was knocked down twice against Bonavena , hurt early by Quarry and didn't even fight Ron Lyle , Mac Foster and Earnie Shavers , who knows how many knockdowns and stoppage losses he would have suffered then ?
                  which is like saying Lennox Lewis was KOd twice but he never fought Bowe, Witherspoon, Sanders, Wlad, Ruiz, Foreman, Moorer or Byrd... who knows how many knockdowns and stoppage losses he would have suffered then?

or you could say the same for every heavyweight champion in boxing history... The bottom line is Frazier was never Knocked out where the referee had to count ten over him so it has to be accepted that his chin was granite because the sports hardest ever punching heavyweight champion could not put him to sleep for 10 seconds unlike a long list of other heavyweight champions.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

He doesn't have the mental capacity to distinguish the difference. He PM'd me telling me they're the same thing. When I asked why there was a categorized distinction between the two and whether he thought V. Klitschko could have continued against Lewis had he been allowed to he stopped responding. Truth is, if they were the same thing there wouldn't be any need to distinguish one from the other.
                    I never PM'd you. You PM'd me, telling me to stop bragging about Frazier getting KTFO. It was pretty funny.

A KO is a knockout that reaches the count of ten. A TKO is a knockout in which the fight is stopped because the fighter can no longer continue. They're both considered knockouts.

Why don't you go away? I'm sure you're busy preparing for another big fight, anyway. After all, you've said you're an experienced fighter and I do have to believe some random hillbilly from the internet who I've never met before in my life.

Comment

[QUOTE]
                      Originally posted by nightowl View Post
                      I never PM'd you. You PM'd me, telling me to stop bragging about Frazier getting KTFO. It was pretty funny.
                      http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/pr...m&pmid=1076823

You never PM'd me, huh? It all started with you PMing this pic after I red k'd you for idiocy. So, you've already been caught in lie #1, should I keep posting links to the rest of the conversation that went almost exactly as I stated and with me never saying ANYTHING about "stop bragging about Frazier getting KTFO."?

You've also ducked the question about Vitaly's TKO loss to Lewis. Did you consider him to be knocked out even though he was ready, willing and able to keep fighting when the doctor stopped the fight?

Comment

Working...
                      X