No announcement yet.

Lennox Lewis vs Earnie Shavers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
    This thread is embarrassing in hindsight, I am glad 15 years later there is less ignorance about Lewis. One would have to be a dishonest fool to watch all of his fights against so many hard punchers and still try to pass him off as "glass chinned".
    - -Not glass chinned, jus one punched chinned.

Shavers hit harder than McCall and Rahman.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
      - -Not glass chinned, jus one punched chinned.

Shavers hit harder than McCall and Rahman.
      Shavers is a myth.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
        Shavers is a myth.
        - -So sayeth U inner smurf...

Comment

- -So sayeth U inner smurf...
          He punched up old parkinsons suffering Ali and a washed up Norton. They would not have had the same opinion of his punching power if they took his shots when they were primed.

And Lar as you call him, is far from unbiased in boxing opinions and didn't face the real hardest hitter ever in father Foreman.

And just by the eye test, Shavers could crack for sure but he's not the hardest puncher ever.

Comment

- -Yet majority boxing fans rate Shavers the hardest puncher of all time .

Take your complaint to the people who never rank Rahman and McCall.

Comment

They do so because they hear washed up fighters proclaim him the hardest hitter even though they would have taken his punches much better if they faced him in their prime years.

Shavers is a myth that grew out of control. His power didn't look so impressive against fighters in their primes. Lyle, Quarry and Holmes took his best shots, survived and ended up beating him.

Comment

Lewis is one the best of all time and I see no reason why he wouldn’t beat shavers just like Holmes and Ali ....he might go through some sticky patches but I think he will knock out shavers inside 8 rounds.
                People knock lewis for his two KO losses when in reality Holmes was knocked down just as hard and as long as Lewis was when he got dropped by snipes and shavers.
                Lewis is a top 3 heavyweight of all time

Comment

Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
                  Lewis is one the best of all time and I see no reason why he wouldn’t beat shavers just like Holmes and Ali ....he might go through some sticky patches but I think he will knock out shavers inside 8 rounds.
                  People knock lewis for his two KO losses when in reality Holmes was knocked down just as hard and as long as Lewis was when he got dropped by snipes and shavers.
                  Lewis is a top 3 heavyweight of all time
                  - -Lewie flat on his back when the Rahman 10 count rang out.

McCall dropped him like a sack of. Yeah, he beat the count but stumbled into the ref who rightly ended the fight.

Jus sayin'...

Comment

- -Lewie flat on his back when the Rahman 10 count rang out.

McCall dropped him like a sack of. Yeah, he beat the count but stumbled into the ref who rightly ended the fight.

Jus sayin'...
                    I suggest you watch the Snipes and shavers knockdowns to see Holmes stagger around the ring after the count of 6 so as I what I said it was not much different except the ref let Holmes continue and the ref didn’t with Lewis vs McCall....and f@ckstick I was at that event live so be quiet clueless

Comment

Are you ******ed gumbo ? McCall and Rahman were both world champions and shavers wasn’t ....shavers was a crude puncher and a 1 trick pony just like you gumbo.
                      As what BKM said shavers is a myth

Comment

Working...
                      X