Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many future Hall of Famers Did Mayweather Beat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JMM
    Mosley
    Gatti
    Corralles
    Castillo
    Oscar
    Hatton (Possibly)
    Hernandez

Comment

De La Hoya, Mosley and Marquez are the only ones I can call future hall of famers with absolute confidence. A few others may get in but, to be honest, if it was me deciding who goes in I would probably leave 'em out.

Comment

De La Hoya,Mosley and Marquez.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
          today many boxing fans seem to think that if a fighter wins a world title he will be going to the IBHOF within the next 20yrs which is simply not the case
          i think Delahoya will certainly be inducted but the others which have been mentioned i cannot see any of them getting inducted

It has happened more than you think. See: Jose Torres, Jack Sharkey,...I can go on and on.

Comment

only Oscar DeLahoya will make it to the IBHOF

Shane Mosley is a lock.

Comment

I don't know about the IBHOF's standards anymore but I imagine he has beaten atleast 3 or 4. As time goes by, more and more fighters will make the hall of fame, even if they weren't truly great. It's only been around for 20 years and there are already some rather questionable picks included.

Comment

This can be a tricky subject, Gerry Cooney beat several hall of famers and Pat Lawlor beat a couple(Duran/Benitez).

Comment

ODLH, Mosley, and JMM are 100% sure thing hall of famers.

Genaro Hernandez, Diego Corrales, Jose Luis Castillo, and Ricky Hatton all have better records than a lot of people who have already been inducted into the IBHOF, and I would be in favor of them being in the hall of fame.

Zab Judah is a borderline case, but I don't think he has done quite enough to get into the hall of fame. Arturo Gatti is even worse than Judah in both skills and resume, I don't think he should be in the hall of fame (though he might get in due to popularity).

Comment

Originally posted by trk View Post
                    ODLH, Mosley, and JMM are 100% sure thing hall of famers.

Genaro Hernandez, Diego Corrales, Jose Luis Castillo, and Ricky Hatton all have better records than a lot of people who have already been inducted into the IBHOF, and I would be in favor of them being in the hall of fame.

Zab Judah is a borderline case, but I don't think he has done quite enough to get into the hall of fame. Arturo Gatti is even worse than Judah in both skills and resume, I don't think he should be in the hall of fame (though he might get in due to popularity).
                    Judah isn't any where near HOF in my opinion. He will never get in.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepSleep View Post
                      About as many as the great Joe Louis did.
                      I'm guessing you were being sarcastic.

Max Schmeling, Max Baer, James J Braddock, Jack Sharkey, John Henry Lewis, Jersey Joe Walcott, Billy Conn, etc. surely all couldn't have been past prime.

Comment

Working...
                      X