Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many future Hall of Famers Did Mayweather Beat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
    only Oscar DeLahoya will make it to the IBHOF
    OK, I have to preface this with the fact that I'm not a de la Hoya fan. I was so pissed off at him that I never liked him again after the Trinidad fight when he gave away the last 3 rounds.

That said he should go to the HoF. But shouldn't Mosley be as well? His resume is just as impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by The Iron Man View Post
      I would personally love to see Gatti in the IBHOF, he gave everything when he was in the ring and produced some the the greatest fight i have ever seen. He was a true warrior.
      Originally posted by Rolling Stone View Post
      I agree.......if it were based on Heart alone Gatti would be my 1st pick, but i doubt he'll make it to the IBHOF.......resume and achievments are not on par with the other greats

Mosley
      De La Hoya
      Marquez

These 3 are guaranteed IMO.....you can make cases for Hatton and Corrales....they won't get in IMO

I am torn on this. Like you guys I have great respect, and love the fighter Gatti was. On the other hand I think only the best of the best should be inducted.

Be nice if they had a section designated to fighters who weren't inducted but provided major impact on the sport and the fans. It would end up being bigger than that for those inducted for greatness, but people would be able to distinguish the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by bklynboy View Post
        OK, I have to preface this with the fact that I'm not a de la Hoya fan. I was so pissed off at him that I never liked him again after the Trinidad fight when he gave away the last 3 rounds.

That said he should go to the HoF. But shouldn't Mosley be as well? His resume is just as impressive.
        today many boxing fans seem to think that if a fighter wins a world title he will be going to the IBHOF within the next 20yrs which is simply not the case.. i think Delahoya will certainly be inducted but the others which have been mentioned i cannot see any of them getting inducted

Comment

Hi Sonnyboyx, I'd bet my life that Shane Mosley will make it into the IBHOF......a sure hall of famer.

Comment

How many prime surefire HOFers did he beat at their best weights?

Because I'm drawing a blank.
            Last edited by Jim Jeffries; 05-03-2010, 07:36 PM.

Comment

He beat one HOF, Oscar De La Hoya.

Mosley would be one but he is a cheater and shouldn't be rewarded for it by being added to a list of greats who didn't use EPO to win.

Marquez seems to lack the great wins to really catapult him up there for me. He beat Casamayor and Barrera and had two wars with PacMan but other than that I'm not seeing the wins that elevate him to HOF status(Diaz?, Peden?, Mabye I'm missing someone but I'm not seeing it) .

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
              How many prime surefire HOFers did he beat at their best weights?

Because I'm drawing a blank.
              About as many as the great Joe Louis did.

Comment

Marquez was robbed against Chris John in indonesia and even had two points deducted in a fight that he won by three or four points even with the deductions.

i went over each guy and their career and made a case for Corrales but thought Hatton, Castillo, and Gatti all felt short. I wrote the post and sure enought it didn't go through.

Edit: Just will add that Daniel Zaragoza is in the IBHOF and i think Marquez, Corrales, and G. Hernandez have better credentials.
                Last edited by HaglerSteelChin; 05-03-2010, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Whether any of you like it or not the following will make the HOF:

Mosley
                  DLH
                  JMM
                  Corrales
                  Castillo
                  Gatti
                  Hatton

And G. Hernandez might make it.

Fan followings get Gatti and Hatton in. Blood and guts + skills get Castillo and Corrales in. Everyone above them get in for rather obvious reasons...

So we're looking at 7-8 people right there. It's going to happen, deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Obama View Post
                    Whether any of you like it or not the following will make the HOF:

Mosley
                    DLH
                    JMM
                    Corrales
                    Castillo
                    Gatti
                    Hatton

And G. Hernandez might make it.

Fan followings get Gatti and Hatton in. Blood and guts + skills get Castillo and Corrales in. Everyone above them get in for rather obvious reasons...

So we're looking at 7-8 people right there. It's going to happen, deal with it.
                    only real sure fire hall of famers floyd beat are oscar, marquez, & mosley.

gatti & corrales shouldnt be in based on resume & skill wise but would probably get in because they died a tragic death. wouldnt bet my life on it. castillo will not get in pretty sure of that. hatton probably will get in because of his popularity but i wouldnt bet on it. if naseem hamed is not in i cant see hatton getting in. genaro has a slim chance.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
                      only Oscar DeLahoya will make it to the IBHOF
                      So only oscar? FUNNY ****. Mosley won titles against alot better fighters than hoja did. Bredahl, Paez, Ruelas, Castillejo aren't nothing to write home about. Whereas Mosley whipped hoja twice!!! Figure it out!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X