No announcement yet.

How bad did the loss to Leonard hurt Hagler

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BOX2008 View Post
    It's posts like this, were i question you boxing knowlodge.
    explain why this post puts into question my knowledge of this sport

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
      Hagler thought all he had to do was `turn up and knock him out`yet he was beaten to the punch, laughed at, bolo-punched and made to look very ordinary by Sugar Ray Leonard.. now 23yrs on most boxing fans admit that Leonard was the winner, but how bad did losing that fight hurt Marvelous Marvin Hagler.
      man you are biased. Made to look ordinary? I didn't even think SRL won that fight. Leonard has his rounds but Hagler was dealing the real damage.

The fight was close so it wasn't a robbery but you have to beat the champ to be legit.

Comment

1/. Ray Robinson
        2/. Roy Jones jr.
        3/. Harry Grebb
        4/. Marcel Cerdan
        5/. James Toney
        6/. Marvin Hagler
        7/. Carmen Basilio
        8/. Tony Zale
        9/. Carlos Monzon
        10/. Bernard Hopkins

honourable mention to Freddie Steels, Stanley Ketchel, Charley Burley, Mickey Walker, Gene Fullmer, Randolph Turpin, Bob Fitzsimmons & Joe Calzaghe

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
          man you are biased. Made to look ordinary? I didn't even think SRL won that fight. Leonard has his rounds but Hagler was dealing the real damage.

The fight was close so it wasn't a robbery but you have to beat the champ to be legit.
          biased in what way?

Comment

So you're saying that, because it was close and you're one of the minority that thought Hagler unofficially won, Leonard didn't become the legit champion?

That right there is pure bias.

Comment

Originally posted by quietone View Post
              So you're saying that, because it was close and you're one of the minority that thought Hagler unofficially won, Leonard didn't become the legit champion?

That right there is pure biased.
              no i'mnot, it's just my personal opinion that Hagler won. i have no bones about the decision.

What he's biased about is saying Hagler was made to look ordinary. no way in hell did that happen. Leonard looked like he was about to be put away at times. He's acting like Leonard dominated the fight and won a clear cut decision. He's acting like it was Mayweather vs Marquez.
              Last edited by them_apples; 04-03-2010, 12:26 PM.

Comment

no i'mnot, it's just my personal opinion that Hagler won. i have no bones about the decision.
                You said: "The fight was close so it wasn't a robbery but you have to beat the champ to be legit."

You're trying to say that Leonard didn't become the legit champion, because you thought Hagler won the (close) fight unofficially.

What he's biased about is saying Hagler was made to look ordinary. no way in hell did that happen. Leonard looked like he was about to be put away at times. He's acting like Leonard dominated the fight and won a clear cut decision. He's acting like it was Mayweather vs Marquez.
                I hope you're not referring to his inactivity at times, as "about to be put away". Because, out of nowhere, he came back with sudden bursts of flurries.

I do agree that it wasn't a lopsided fight, though.

Comment

Originally posted by quietone View Post
                  You said: "The fight was close so it wasn't a robbery but you have to beat the champ to be legit."

You're trying to say that Leonard didn't become the legit champion, because you thought Hagler won the (close) fight unofficially.

I hope you're not referring to his inactivity at times, as "about to be put away". Because, out of nowhere, he came back with sudden bursts of flurries.

I do agree that it wasn't a lopsided fight, though.
                  in the highlight reel he came back with bursts of flurries, he didn't do it everytime though. I remember one round where Hagler was laying some serious serious hurt on Leonard.

Like I said though, It's not like I hate on the loss. It was a close fight. Leonard punches often looked nicer. Just IMO Hagler was dealing the damage.

Comment

in the highlight reel he came back with bursts of flurries, he didn't do it everytime though. I remember one round where Hagler was laying some serious serious hurt on Leonard.

Like I said though, It's not like I hate on the loss. It was a close fight. Leonard punches often looked nicer. Just IMO Hagler was dealing the damage.
                    I never thought Leonard was in any serious trouble, at any point in the fight. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree, on that. But saying Leonard didn't become the legit champion is low.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
                      1/. Ray Robinson
                      2/. Roy Jones jr.
                      3/. Harry Grebb
                      4/. Marcel Cerdan
                      5/. James Toney
                      6/. Marvin Hagler
                      7/. Carmen Basilio
                      8/. Tony Zale
                      9/. Carlos Monzon
                      10/. Bernard Hopkins

honourable mention to Freddie Steels, Stanley Ketchel, Charley Burley, Mickey Walker, Gene Fullmer, Randolph Turpin, Bob Fitzsimmons & Joe Calzaghe
                      How can Zale, Basilio, Toney, Cerdan and Jones Jr. Be a greater middle than Monzon?

Monzon made 14 title defences and reigned for 7 years. And retired champion.

How is Basilio a greater Middle, he never even defended the middleweight title and his best weight was 147lb. Jones never even unified and Zale ducked his top contenders, and Cerdan had no longativity at the weight.

Thats the worst list I have ever seen. No mention of Jake Lamotta either?

Comment

Working...
                      X