No announcement yet.

How bad did the loss to Leonard hurt Hagler

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HaglerSteelChin View Post
    Some say he was atleast 4 years older than his reported age.

fail

Hagler was an exceptional amateur. He told a stretcher about his age, adding two years so he could start fighting sooner. It wasn't until last spring—when everyone thought he was 30 years old—that the truth came out. When he legally changed his name from Marvin Nathaniel Hagler to Marvelous Marvin Hagler, the date of his birth was certified in court. "I'd appreciate it if you'd write that I am 30," he told a reporter then, seeming a little embarrassed, but by that time the truth was in all the papers.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...23/4/index.htm
    Last edited by Snopkins; 04-05-2010, 03:20 AM.

Comment

Lol at this bait thread.. Giving an opportunity for Snotkins to get off the subject of boxing and lay into someones personal life.. So typical of the *****.

Now I'll get accused of robbing my parents lol..

Last edited by mickey malone; 04-05-2010, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Didn't hurt him at all. The debate still continues in who won. I favor Hagler, I don't give the fight for flurries in the end of the rounds to try to steal it but that is just me. No different from SRL/Hearns II, if you like SRL he can do no wrong and he will be favored.

Comment

Originally posted by TOBYLEE1 View Post
          Didn't hurt him at all. The debate still continues in who won. I favor Hagler, I don't give the fight for flurries in the end of the rounds to try to steal it but that is just me. No different from SRL/Hearns II, if you like SRL he can do no wrong and he will be favored.
          its just a poor way of discrediting someones victory by saying it could have gone either way, in this case it doesnt work, because leonard clearly deserved the decision more than hagler did.

Comment

Originally posted by T3dBundy View Post
            its just a poor way of discrediting someones victory by saying it could have gone either way, in this case it doesnt work, because leonard clearly deserved the decision more than hagler did.
            I was suprised to see SRL after being on idle to come back with speed and being fluid put those quick pitty pat puches didn't impress me. Like I said there is still debate on how the decision went but in the end SRL got the nod. I'm not calling it a robbery either, not descrediting SRL, just the way I percieved it

Comment

Originally posted by TOBYLEE1 View Post
              those quick pitty pat puches didn't impress me.
              They're not going to impress someone who has never even seen this fight.

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
              Lol at this bait thread.. Giving an opportunity for Snotkins to get off the subject of boxing and lay into someones personal life.. So typical of the *****.

Now I'll get accused of robbing my parents lol..

bait thread? Are you accusing Sonnyboy of purposely creating this thread just so that I could discredit Hagler? because if you are,that's a very strong accusation to make.

The loss to Leonard did hurt Hagler and I offered sources that proved this.

Comment

Originally posted by Snopkins View Post
                bait thread? Are you accusing Sonnyboy of purposely creating this thread just so that I could discredit Hagler? because if you are,that's a very strong accusation to make.

The loss to Leonard did hurt Hagler and I offered sources that proved this.
                Perhaps I might find myself in court accused of liable lol..

I reckon my old sparring partner's just having a laugh at your expense..

Comment

Perhaps I might find myself in court accused of liable lol..

I reckon my old sparring partner's just having a laugh at your expense..

It was you who accused him of creating a bait thread.The only one trolling in this thread so far is you.

Comment

Originally posted by Snopkins View Post
                    It was you who accused him of creating a bait thread.The only one trolling in this thread so far is you.
                    And it kills two birds with one stone...

Firstly it is common knowledge that Hagler was bitterly upset over the decision, and secondly it puts a stop to your impersonations of a Stone-Loach, which in my opinion far outweighs my qualities as an instigator..

Stone-Loach, being an irrevelvent bottom feeder, often found in the roadside streams of the British Isles.. Besides, you're good fun anyway!

Comment

And it kills two birds with one stone...

Firstly it is common knowledge that Hagler was bitterly upset over the decision, and secondly it puts a stop to your impersonations of a Stone-Loach, which in my opinion far outweighs my qualities as an instigator..

Stone-Loach, being an irrevelvent bottom feeder, often found in the roadside streams of the British Isles.. Besides, you're good fun anyway!

Getting bored are we? I don't think you even know what you're posting anymore.

I answered the thread starters question and posted articles of that time in doing so.

What have you done besides your usual trolling?

Comment

Working...
                      X