Collapse
No announcement yet.

I dont get Harry Greb's boxing Record

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a simple question to R. Burgundy.

Since you seem to hold Leonard and Mayweather in such high regard (as I do too), what if you had been born 100 years later and all of the footage of Leonard and Mayweather had disappeared somehow and you never got the chance to see what they were like in a fight. All you had was their records against the fighters that they faced during their time. Would you question were they would rank just because you didnt see them like youre doing with Greb?
    Last edited by PunchesNbuncheS; 07-23-2011, 02:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
      I saw that BoxRec had Kid Norfolk getting a D.Q. Win in that fight, but is it accurate ??

It is accurate but misleading. Neither Greb nor Norfolk had any love loss for one another and Norfolk started the fouling with Low blows and charging Greb with his shoulder and butting him out of the ring. From there the ref lost all control and it was a very dirty fight by both men. At the end of the 6th Norfolk hit Greb with a vicious right slightly after the bell and Greb went after him punching with both hands and they continued to fight for 30 seconds after the bell until their corners, the commissioner and police broke it up. Once the fighters were in their corners the ref declared Norfolk the winner by DQ. At the time it was a close fight many thought Greb was winning. The decision had been made but commissioner Gene Buckley later made it clear that in his estimation Norfolk was the first offender. A week later Massachusetts suspended both fighters for 6 months.

In a side note: By this time Greb was losing site in his eye after being thumbed in the first fight by Norfolk and needing surgery.
      [/FONT]

Comment

• Originally posted by r.burgundy View Post
        where much more accurate at measurement because we can review video"cough,cough"

boxers throw less punches because alot of them are bigger and stronger and defense has evolved.fighters fight at a more measured pace.paticularly the bigger weight classes
        So that's the technological breakthrough eh, less punches wins fights, so 122 punches over 12 short rounds will beat 1622 punches and their DEFENCE IS BETTER AS A RESULT, GUFFAW,,, he haw he ha,,,,, GUFFFFFFAWWWWWW,,,, OHH,,,, I'm done for,.. and they are bigger and stronger ( I'll give you the heavyweight's if you want ? and good riddance, people rubbish the Klitchko's but it's all the #### y other bums), SINCE WHEN WAS a WELTERWEIGHT NOT a WELTERWEIGHT ????? ,,,,,, As I said about the less is more theory, GUFFAWWHW !!!!!!!! Do an experiment, you can use a Crimean war single shot rifle and I'll use a UZI but you'll have the BIG ADVANTAGE of less is more, Gee I've got no hope with all those hundreds of bullets a second, I need a REDBULL.

Comment

• Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
          There's enough footage on Greb's opponents to make a judgement on how good he was.. One thing's for sure - he didn't sit inside a sprawling country mansion for months on end wearing silk pyjamas, and waiting for a an offer in excess of 10 million bucks to persuede him into the gym..
          Here is another thing for sure is that if he could wait in a mansion for 10 Million dollar offers he and every other fighter would.

Comment

• Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
            Here is another thing for sure is that if he could wait in a mansion for 10 Million dollar offers he and every other fighter would.
            And they wouldn't be as great of a fighter because of it. You judge things on what actually happened, not what you think may have happened had the circumstances been different.

Comment

• Originally posted by r.burgundy View Post
              my facts are strait.roy won a hw title,greb didnt.is that incorrect?
              Beating That 4 rd sub-bum prelim tent fighting amateur John Ruiz ????????????????????? JIMMY WILDE would've K.O.'d RUIZ the worst joke (you're just re-inforcing the overall weakness of your argument) in the 300 years of boxing history, in your wildest dreams can you imagine Danny Green Knocking out Harry Greb, can you ,........ and if you answer that Green's vitamin pills are the answer,,,..................... we're done,,,,,,,,,,,,So how did Jones inherit John L. Sullivan's heavyweight Belt,.... he scored history's biggest borefest, yeah boxing's Improved since SUGAR RR and Willie pep who'd won near 200 fights before we see him on film in his past prime and looks brilliant to me,. I don't get it first they want film of GREB, but they then try to lamely prove with Film that ZAB or some other mod is better than the BEST Featherweight in 80 years at least. Last point, ever wonder why the Tarvers of boxing are hitting their peaks in their 40's now, EXXXPERIENCE, more than 39 fights but 50 plus. Just Imagine RAY LEONARD with 170 fights under his belt and still only 27, FIVE times Smarter and Tougher,...get the pic.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                And they wouldn't be as great of a fighter because of it. You judge things on what actually happened, not what you think may have happened had the circumstances been different.

LOL man you're stupid

Comment

LOL man you're stupid
                  Really? Tell me what Im wrong about than.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                    Really? Tell me what Im wrong about than.
                    You think that some ancient business model makes you a better fighter

Comment

You think that some ancient business model makes you a better fighter
                      What the hell are you talking about? Fighting the best and doing it often makes you a better fighter. And as I said greatness is judged by what has actually happened, not some fantasy guess of "Here is another thing for sure is that if he could wait in a mansion for 10 Million dollar offers he and every other fighter would."

Comment

Working...
                      X