Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More Accomplished HW Lennox Lewis Or Joe Frazier?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
    I wouldn't expect you to be able to read between the lines.

Vitali was owning Lewis the first half of the fight before his eye opened up. It's a win for Lewis, but if Vitali had it his way he'd have finished the fight and had a great chance of winning.
    I'm ill inclined to "read between the lines" when a statement is absurd at face value :|

Poet

Comment

I wouldn't expect you to be able to read between the lines.

Vitali was owning Lewis the first half of the fight before his eye opened up. It's a win for Lewis, but if Vitali had it his way he'd have finished the fight and had a great chance of winning.
      Thats Vitali's fault, he should of worked on his D a bit more.

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
        I'm ill inclined to "read between the lines" when a statement is absurd at face value :|

Poet
        Get a life troll, try to stay on topic.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellboy View Post
          Thats Vitali's fault, he should of worked on his D a bit more.
          Agreed. Although that punch most times doesn't have that effect.

Comment

Get a life troll, try to stay on topic.
            I have a life thank you very much; and I'm sure you'd like to have one too when you grow up.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by lyrical View Post
              Frazier was fighting in a better era
              I disagree,
              70s was a greater era,but not better.

People tends to overrate this era because they were a lot of great match up and hype.

I think the 90s are underrated,obviously they were more athletic,bigger in the 90s.

A prime Tyson beat a prime Frazier,a prime Tua beat a prime Lyle in my humble opinion.

70s is the greater era,but his fghters are overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
                I disagree,
                70s was a greater era,but not better.

People tends to overrate this era because they were a lot of great match up and hype.

I think the 90s are underrated,obviously they were more athletic,bigger in the 90s.

A prime Tyson beat a prime Frazier,a prime Tua beat a prime Lyle in my humble opinion.

70s is the greater era,but his fghters are overrated.
                Gotta be the best joke ever posted on any boxing forum..... **** off back to watching Wrestling

Comment

He fought a much better version of Ruddock and he shattered his face. At least Tyson made it interesting and exciting when he battered weak opposition, unlike Lewis
                  Ruddock went 19 rounds against Tyson and was the favourite to beat Lewis with all the bookmakers (who, let's be fair, know a **** load more about sport than you do, because their livelihoods depend on it).

and Lewis spectacularly knocked Ruddock out in two rounds.

Nice try though ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Hellboy View Post
                    Bowe:
                    I have posted this on another thread and I going to assume you missed it so I will post it again.

Bowe was not Holyfield's WBC mandatory, Razor Ruddock was, which means that Evander was under no obligation to fight him or offer him a fair deal.

After winning the court case so that he was free to defend his belt against Bowe, the WBC had an elimination bout to decide who would be the no 1 wbc mandatory between Lewis and Ruddock, Lewis won

Lewis was Bowe's WBC mandatory, so he had to cut Lewis a more fair deal like ,60/40.

After beating Holyfield Bowe fought a washed up Dokes and a washed up Ferguson, so I think we can safely say he wasnt looking for tough fights. And as you can see after beating Holyfield he didnt want to train anymore, which is why Futch eventually left him.

Holyfield:
                    Lewis wanted to fight Holyfield but he lost to Bowe, he finally did get his shot and we all know what happened there.

Tyson:
                    Tyson paid Lewis step aside money if I remember correctly, Tyson only wanted to fight easy fights as well which is why he fought Holyfield and look how that played out.

Byrd:
                    Lewis couldnt motivate himself to fight someone like Byrd, so he vacated the IBF belt. You dont really believe that Byrd would of beat Lewis do you? Lewis was at least as good as the K bros and they both gave Byrd fits.

If Lewis was the real reason for the Bowe Lewis fight not happening dont you think it would of made more sense for the WBC to simply drop Lewis from the mandatory spot, rather than strip Bowe?
                    You've got a lot of patience man. Unfortunately all the facts and logic in the world are not enough if people don't wanna hear it.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
                      I think the 90s are underrated,obviously they were more athletic.

ali looks pretty athletic to me.

Comment

Working...
                      X