Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More Accomplished HW Lennox Lewis Or Joe Frazier?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
    Nope... i dont hate Lewis, i like to tell disillusioned nuthuggers the correct story of the facts on the career of Lennox Lewis... The truth hurts!
    All you tell are blatant lies and half truths

Comment

Originally posted by Hellboy View Post
      Lewis is boring no doubt, even Manny said the same thing in a very tactful way. Who did Lewis duck according to you?
      Tyson, Holyfield, Byrd, Bowe, and probably some others. And don't give me any **** about Bowe. Bowe wanted Lewis bad. He'd have fought him on the street for nothing if he ran into him. Lewis used slimey tactics to dodge Bowe and I thought that was a well known fact. Where are you getting your information from? The Lennox Lewis fan club?

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
        Tyson, Holyfield, Byrd, Bowe, and probably some others.
        Bowe:
        I have posted this on another thread and I going to assume you missed it so I will post it again.

Bowe was not Holyfield's WBC mandatory, Razor Ruddock was, which means that Evander was under no obligation to fight him or offer him a fair deal.

After winning the court case so that he was free to defend his belt against Bowe, the WBC had an elimination bout to decide who would be the no 1 wbc mandatory between Lewis and Ruddock, Lewis won

Lewis was Bowe's WBC mandatory, so he had to cut Lewis a more fair deal like ,60/40.

After beating Holyfield Bowe fought a washed up Dokes and a washed up Ferguson, so I think we can safely say he wasnt looking for tough fights. And as you can see after beating Holyfield he didnt want to train anymore, which is why Futch eventually left him.

Holyfield:
        Lewis wanted to fight Holyfield but he lost to Bowe, he finally did get his shot and we all know what happened there.

Tyson:
        Tyson paid Lewis step aside money if I remember correctly, Tyson only wanted to fight easy fights as well which is why he fought Holyfield and look how that played out.

Byrd:
        Lewis couldnt motivate himself to fight someone like Byrd, so he vacated the IBF belt. You dont really believe that Byrd would of beat Lewis do you? Lewis was at least as good as the K bros and they both gave Byrd fits.

And don't give me any **** about Bowe. Bowe wanted Lewis bad. He'd have fought him on the street for nothing if he ran into him. Lewis used slimey tactics to dodge Bowe and I thought that was a well known fact. Where are you getting your information from? The Lennox Lewis fan club?
        If Lewis was the real reason for the Bowe Lewis fight not happening dont you think it would of made more sense for the WBC to simply drop Lewis from the mandatory spot, rather than strip Bowe?
        Last edited by General Zod; 03-20-2010, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shazam! View Post

When you list the people Lewis fought, for example, you lean towards the weaker opponents instead of the stronger ones. You forget to mention that he beat Holyfield, Tyson, Klitschko, Mercer, Ruddock.......and if you do, you've got an argument against each and every one. 'over the hill', 'druggie' etc etc etc.
          lmao

You have no idea what you're talking about. Did you watch the Holyfield fights? 2002 Tyson? hah! I could have put up a better fight than Tyson did in his state. Whatever anti depressant mix with dope he was on took away any chance he had. The only reason he lasted as long as he did is because he was so medicated he probably didn't feel the punches he took while he moved in slow motion. Ray Mercer, the joke of the 90's? Washed up slack jaw Ruddock? A fight with a klitch (battle of the borings) in which he probably would have lost had it not been stopped? That's what you bring up to boast about his resume? Get real.

Comment

lmao

You have no idea what you're talking about. Did you watch the Holyfield fights? 2002 Tyson? hah! I could have put up a better fight than Tyson did in his state. Whatever anti depressant mix with dope he was on took away any chance he had. The only reason he lasted as long as he did is because he was so medicated he probably didn't feel the punches he took while he moved in slow motion. Ray Mercer, the joke of the 90's? Washed up slack jaw Ruddock? A fight with a klitch (battle of the borings) in which he probably would have lost had it not been stopped? That's what you bring up to boast about his resume? Get real.
            You know you could do this with anyones resume, including Tyson's. You do know that Ruddock was the last decent fighter Tyson fought and beat as well.

Comment

in which he probably would have lost had it not been stopped?
              Well yes, considering draws aren't THAT common the odds are he would have lost if he hadn't won :|

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by Hellboy View Post
                You know you could do this with anyones resume, including Tyson's. You do know that Ruddock was the last decent fighter Tyson fought and beat as well.
                He fought a much better version of Ruddock and he shattered his face. At least Tyson made it interesting and exciting when he battered weak opposition, unlike Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                  Well yes, considering draws aren't THAT common the odds are he would have lost if he hadn't won :|

Poet
                  I wouldn't expect you to be able to read between the lines.

Vitali was owning Lewis the first half of the fight before his eye opened up. It's a win for Lewis, but if Vitali had it his way he'd have finished the fight and had a great chance of winning.

Comment

He fought a much better version of Ruddock and he shattered his face. At least Tyson made it interesting and exciting when he battered weak opposition, unlike Lewis
                    I liked Ruddock he seemed like a good guy, unfortunately he career didnt exactly take off. I blame the 2nd Tyson fight for that, you are going to fight Tyson with no defence, no jab, no movement and unable to tie Tyson up on the inside so you take body shots all night.

Lewis could be boring no doubt about that, even Manny said the same thing although he worded it very tactfully. Saying something like Lewis fights are like watching Chess, a game which he wanted Lewis to stop playing, because he thought it made Lewis too analytical in the ring.

Comment

I wouldn't expect you to be able to read between the lines.

Vitali was owning Lewis the first half of the fight before his eye opened up. It's a win for Lewis, but if Vitali had it his way he'd have finished the fight and had a great chance of winning.
                      yes vitaly was winning, show me one fight where vitaly was behind in the scorecards, nobody beat vitaly confidently.
                      also to mention lennox was not in his prime anymore, he was 38 ffs

Comment

Working...
                      X