Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bert Sugar's 100 Greatest Fighters List......Give Me Your Opinion!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wasn't this Sugar list also published in a book he wrote, not just in a magazine? I seem to remember him promoting this on local sports talk radio when this was coming out.

Comment

how is ricardo lopez so low ?

he was an unstoppable champion

Comment

Trixly

I agree with SRR as #1. However, SRL and RJJ should be in the Top 10. SRL is probably the second best WW behind SRR. RJJ in his prime was unbeatable. Also Manny Pacquiao should be in the Top 20 because of his accomplishments (8 titles in 8 weight classes).

Comment

I think this is quite an old list. It's been around for years so I think it was never updated to consider more recent boxers. That said I'm having a hard time understanding some of his rankings. But we all know very favoured guys around his time so I can't blame him. Let's be honest we tend to highly rate guys around our own time very highly too

Comment

bert stupid sugar sucks donkey dick. he thought primo carnera the italian circus clown would beat Vladimir. what a ******.

Comment

bert was ridiculously biased towards old time fighters. For instance Dick Tiger - 63 ... RJJ - 88
              Gene Tunney - 13 ... Evander holyfield - 42

Billy Conn - 35 ... Michael Spinks not even in top 100

John L Sullivan - 54 ... lennox lewis doesn't make top 100
              etc etc etc
              Last edited by Daddy T; 08-28-2014, 10:15 AM.

Comment

I think the original list was formed in 1983!!!! it was updated around 2003!!!
                So you Mayweather and Klitz bros fan a tics should relax especially off the original list.
                Ray.

Comment

Sugar covered boxing for a zillion years. He probably had reasons for ranking some of them that most of us newbies cannot comprehend.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                    Wasn't this Sugar list also published in a book he wrote, not just in a magazine? I seem to remember him promoting this on local sports talk radio when this was coming out.
                    Correct

Originally posted by House of Stone View Post
                    bert was ridiculously biased towards old time fighters. For instance Dick Tiger - 63 ... RJJ - 88
                    Gene Tunney - 13 ... Evander holyfield - 42

Billy Conn - 35 ... Michael Spinks not even in top 100

John L Sullivan - 54 ... lennox lewis doesn't make top 100
                    etc etc etc
                    I know, some of those rankings are way off in MY opinion, and that's the point, these lists, no matter how objective will always reflect our opinions

Comment

Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
                      bert stupid sugar sucks donkey dick. he thought primo carnera the italian circus clown would beat Vladimir. what a ******.
                      Of course Carnera could beat him, what do you mean.

Comment

Working...
                      X