Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Is The Biggest ''Duck'' In The History Of Boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hellboy View Post
    No, Lewis didn't.

Off the top of my Head: Bernard Hopkins
    So in your opinion Riddick Bowe is sitting there telling fuukin lies then

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
      Sonny without rehashing the whole Bowe Lewis thing you've been round the block enough to know that boxers are the biggest history revisionists going. Bowe if he is wouldn't be the first boxer to put his own individual slant on something would he? It just comes down to who you believe really

Comment

Originally posted by AKATheMack View Post
        DLH-Winky. I don't blame Oscar in the least tho he had very good reasons to not want it.
        Oscar offered Winky the fight and Wright turned it down. He said the money wasnt good enough, he was offered 8m by Oscar

Comment

Why should I believe Bowe, or any other boxer for that matter? I remember Bowe coming to England and dumping his WBC belt in the bin. I also remember how dreadful his title defences were, Bowe didnt want to fight a top opponent after he got the belts. He only took the Evander II fight because he thought he could win again and after that look at how his career went.

Comment

Originally posted by .Buddha. View Post
            Oscar offered Winky the fight and Wright turned it down. He said the money wasnt good enough, he was offered 8m by Oscar
            There are lots of stories that are told about that offer and by 2005 Winky had been calling DLH out for some time. Like I said I dont blame Oscar for not taking the fight Winky was a no name spoiler who wouldnt bring much money and would probably have beaten DLH. DLH has a great track record of always fighting the best so in no way am I trying to **** on him I just feel he knew Winky wasnt worth the risk for the amount of money he'd bring to the table.

Comment

There are lots of stories that are told about that offer and by 2005 Winky had been calling DLH out for some time. Like I said I dont blame Oscar for not taking the fight Winky was a no name spoiler who wouldnt bring much money and would probably have beaten DLH. DLH has a great track record of always fighting the best so in no way am I trying to **** on him I just feel he knew Winky wasnt worth the risk for the amount of money he'd bring to the table.
              I made a thread about it a couple of months ago:
              http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=358622

Comment

Boxers lie all the time, especially when it comes to losing fights and ducking opponents. Bowe also says he is healthy enough to continue boxing, can I assume you believe that as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Hellboy View Post
                  I made a thread about it a couple of months ago:
                  http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=358622
                  First off no way would I turn down 6mil to fight anyone, but at the time that offer was made Winky was on a 10 fight winning streak and in his prior 3 fights had beaten Mosleyx2 and Felix Trinidad, Oscar on the other hand had just lost to Mosley, had a controversial win over Sturm and been KOd by Hopkins in his prior 3 fights. I dislike fighters pricing themselves out of fights, but take into consideration where each fighter was in their career and why Winky would think he deserved a bigger piece of the pie. Winky had also been calling out DLH for several years at this point and at this point it was ALL about money seeing as beating a fighter who went 1-2 in his last 3 is hardly career defining.

Comment

First off no way would I turn down 6mil to fight anyone, but at the time that offer was made Winky was on a 10 fight winning streak and in his prior 3 fights had beaten Mosleyx2 and Felix Trinidad, Oscar on the other hand had just lost to Mosley, had a controversial win over Sturm and been KOd by Hopkins in his prior 3 fights. I dislike fighters pricing themselves out of fights, but take into consideration where each fighter was in their career and why Winky would think he deserved a bigger piece of the pie. Winky had also been calling out DLH for several years at this point and at this point it was ALL about money seeing as beating a fighter who went 1-2 in his last 3 is hardly career defining.
                    Im sure Oscar could of offered him more, but at the end of the day Oscar was the draw not Winky

Comment

Originally posted by .Buddha. View Post
                      Im sure Oscar could of offered him more, but at the end of the day Oscar was the draw not Winky
                      Which goes right back to why I dont think Oscar wanted to fight Winky. Winky is way too tough of an opponent for the money he brings to the table.

Comment

Working...
                      X