Collapse
No announcement yet.

History revision: miserable "great" Lewis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hes a top ten ATG imo,but i can see why people dont rate him quite as highly as i do

Comment

Originally posted by Norton View Post
      Now it is common to consider Lennox Lewis as a "great" boxer and to share the dubious idiom of the decline in the heavyweight. But is it really so? Or is this just the stereotype and the lack of independent thinking?

Recently I found a wonderful video of last Lewis' fight in the net. In my opinion, Lewis and his comments of the past fight are pathetic. So the question is: are retired boxers truly so "great" and their present colleagues so clumsy or we just tend to exaggerate and embellish the past? Everyone is free to make a conclusion for themselves.

of course nostalgia plays the biggest role.they act like joe louis would k.o any heavy in history and seem to forget joe has been k.o'd and beaten in his prime and has been dropped and hurt by inferior fighters.its nice to hold on but some of these people just need to join the 21st century.every era has great fighters and bums

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
        Vitali is an ATG ?, .
        All time great? Maybe not.

Future Hall of Fame inductee? Absolutely.

Comment

Originally posted by craigus1990 View Post
          You clearly havent been into boxing long enough to question his greatness, every expert in the world puts lewis in their top 10 GOAT lists.

Comment

I view Lennox Lewis as quite a bit under-rated for most of his career, acknowledged suitably in the latter stages of it, & genuinely becoming over-rated in the current.

Comment

Working...
            X