Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Took More Risks In There Career, Roy Jones Jr Or Floyd Mayweather Jr?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Agentsmith

Not really I know this is a lie, so why should I take anything else they say as gospel.
    You know it's a lie?

Comment

Who cares? Look were Jones is now, because of those "risks"

Comment

They are both inferior, but at least Jones dared to fight a mofo like Calzaghe

Comment

Originally posted by UKRAINIANGIANTS View Post
          They are both inferior, but at least Jones dared to fight a mofo like Calzaghe

Jones was done (or at least viewed as done) when he fought Calzaghe though so IMO he had nothing to lose.

I also don't think looking at who was favourite to win determines risk because Jones in his prime would be favourite against anyone just like Mayweather in his prime/now would be even if he is just the slight favourite (even against Pacquiao)

I think they both took more risks than is perceived and they are probably too good for their own good in that regard. Anyway I'd say its about equal, maybe Jones pips it

Comment

Do you guys think it was a bigger risk for Jones to take on the much bigger, but relatively mediocre talent in Ruiz, or Mayweather to take on De La Hoya? De La Hoya's weight advantage was obviously not as big as Ruiz's, but he was a much better fighter than Ruiz.

Comment

Working...
            X