Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ali post 1971 come back fights - what if...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
    Jab... very true what Holmes said in his autobiography, i read that book years ago when it was first published i passed it on and never got it back (like all good boxing books).. maybe you could quote the page where Holmes says what Joe Frazier would have done with Tyson & Lewis
    I just skimmed thru real quick but couldn't find the page where Holmes talks about Frazier, Tyson and Lewis. He doesn't have much of an affinity for Lewis though, that much is very clear. I'll look more later and see if I can find it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
      I've seen both sides of Frazier in different interviews over the years. He is at heart a God fearing family man, but Ali seriously aggravated him in the seventies, Frazier took it more seriously than he perhaps should have. I cant think of many other Ali opponents who see him the way Frazier does. Sometimes he speaks well of Ali, sometimes he is playful and sometimes he is shockingly bitter and is still harbouring resentment.

Frazier is bitter when it makes sense and he's forgiving when it makes sense.To people like myself who have followed Frazier's comments over the last ten years or so,it really is no surprise to see Frazier dedicate a great portion of an interview towards bashing Ali and just a month later allow himself to be pictured arm in arm with Ali at a basketball game.

I'd have alot more respect for Frazier if he wasn't such a sellout.I don't like Miss Marvis Hagler, but I can respect her bitterness as she's atleast
      consistent with it.

God fearing men don't beat up on helpless women either.

Comment

God fearing men don't beat up on helpless women either - donkim

Did this happen during your time as cleaning lady at Madison Square Garden?

Comment

Once again the `Village-Idiot`has his ten-pennath on the subject and as always never nothing to do with the sport of boxing, just his typical `ridicule & name calling`like all the rest of his posts... Get a life you sad little midget and stop running up the stairs each time your daddy calls for you when he is hard.
          Do your minders in the white coats know you've gotten unauthorized access to a computer again? What's made you such a bitter old crackpot Sonnyboy? Is it because the only lei you've ever gotten was when the hula girl in the airport put one around your neck?

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
            Did this happen during your time as cleaning lady at Madison Square Garden?

I'm not an old crusty fart like you malone,so no.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/mugshot...aziermug1.html

Former heavyweight champion Joe Frazier, 60, was arrested in February 2004 and charged with simple assault and reckless endangerment. According to Philadelphia cops, Smokin' Joe's victim was the 44-year-old mother of one of his sons.

Comment

this is off a site that measured the punches power...

"I work at the Physical Research Center, and we test the PSI (Pounds per square Inch) in Many Boxers, and in terms of the hardest punch ever recorded is recorded by a Boxer named "Smokin" Joe Frazier in 1973, it was 2700 PSI, which is the equivalent to being hit with a small club, this was until Manny Pacquiao broke this record by a mile with a record shattering 3000 PSI Haymaker, equivalent to a heavy blow to the head with a hammer. If you need help finding a reasonable resource, Visit Scientists at Swansea University. We always do research on strength and human capacity of physical capability. We have a website www.swansea.ac.uk."
              PSI?... Impact or 'shock' is measured in foot pounds (ft/lbs) and calculated by velocity (feet per second squared).. It'll all be in metric now, but this is how i remember it..
              PSI = Pounds per square inch or 'Bar' which is the confined pressure of a gas or liquid within it's confinement (volume).. PSI is obtained by means of a pump..
              I can't see how the power of a punch can be compared to a central heating system.. In fact, 2500 PSI is the normal working pressure of an injection moulding machine, that through hydraulics, reach clamping pressures in excess of 30 tons!.. I'll check out the site you've mentioned incase i've misconceived something here..

On a side note, it'd be interesting to see Frazier, Shavers etc hit one of those fairground punchballs where the bell rings if you score over 300 (one revolution of the large visual display dial) God knows how these machines were calibrated, but the harder you hit them, the more noise they made aswell as the dial went further round the clock..
              Can remember, when the fair used to come to town, and all the local pissheads would come out the pub & fuk their hands up on it..
              Last edited by mickey malone; 01-16-2010, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X