Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Most Underrated Fighter Of All Time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
    Joe Brown.
    Reason?

Good choice do. Brown is very underrated, 11 defences of his Lightweight Title.......Also incredible longativity. Will you ever put any more fights of his up A?

Comment

not a fighter from the past that's for sure

Comment

Originally posted by .SOUTHPAW16BF. View Post
        Reason?

Good choice do. Brown is very underrated, 11 defences of his Lightweight Title.......Also incredible longativity. Will you ever put any more fights of his up A?
        Yes I will.

I don't know if Brown is the most underrated but he's certainly a name worth mentioning. Few know who he was despite his long title reign. A crafty boxer with a powerful right hand.

Comment

Yes I will.

I don't know if Brown is the most underrated but he's certainly a name worth mentioning. Few know who he was despite his long title reign. A crafty boxer with a powerful right hand.
          Yep. Agreed, who's Brown fighting on the fight you will be uploading of him? It wound't be his fight with Saddler by any chance? Would love to see that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by .SOUTHPAW16BF. View Post
            This should cause a interesting debate..........

Who in your personal opinion is the most underrated boxer of all time?

Just pick one and give reason why...........
            Jeff Chandler. While many of his fights in the early 80's were televised, after he retired, you never heard his name mentioned as one of the greatest 118 pounders of all time. He was the greatest bantam I ever seen fight.

Comment

Joe Brown.
              One of the greatest 135 pounders of all time. Probably the greatest fighter ever to come out of New Orleans. They even named a park after him.

Comment

before I would have said myung woo yuh for his 18? successful title defenses...

but I came across a thai fighter by the name of pone kingpetch in my readings & for all its worth this fighter I must say is being severely underrated...

Comment

Ezzard Charles...many HERE will feel like he is probably rated properly but i think he is often times unfairly overlooked in mainstream sports. BEAST

Comment

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
                    before I would have said myung woo yuh for his 18? successful title defenses...

but I came across a thai fighter by the name of pone kingpetch in my readings & for all its worth this fighter I must say is being severely underrated...
                    In some circles he has gotten a bit overrated too though. He received quite a few highly controversial decisions. Not that too many fighters would have even made it that close against the likes of Fighting Harada, Pascual Perez, Mitsunori Seki and Hiroyuki Ebihara.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdaddy_Vh View Post
                      Ezzard Charles...many HERE will feel like he is probably rated properly but i think he is often times unfairly overlooked in mainstream sports. BEAST
                      He may be overlooked by the mainstream, but in boxing circles he gets his just do. An all time top 15 p4p fighter in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                      X