Clear All

• Humberto Soto vs Urbano Antillon

Comment

• Hozumi Hasegawa vs Juan Carlos Burgos

Amir Khan vs Marcos Maidana.

Comment

• Originally posted by Silencers View Post
        Humberto Soto vs Urbano Antillon
        Ahhh, I missed that one. Good was it? I thought Soto dominated it? Or was it one of those fights in which the scoring was wide but it was still a close, great fight?

Will have to check it out.

Don't forget Darchinyan vs Mares.

Comment

• Don't know if I've mentioned it here before but I just watched it again. Kid Akeem-Robert Quiroga. Great fight with a tragic end. In fact both fighters had tragic endings to their lives. Sad, but still one of my favorite fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by BennyST View Post
            Ahhh, I missed that one. Good was it? I thought Soto dominated it? Or was it one of those fights in which the scoring was wide but it was still a close, great fight?

Will have to check it out.

Don't forget Darchinyan vs Mares.
            I thought Soto clearly won but the fight had some very good 2 way action. Antillon was able to make Soto work more than Soto wanted to work in the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Silencers View Post
              I thought Soto clearly won but the fight had some very good 2 way action. Antillon was able to make Soto work more than Soto wanted to work in the fight.
              It was a great fight. Certainly among the best of the year. Antillon looked much bigger and stronger than Soto and as you said, was able to make him work very hard.

I wonder how the rematch will go? Soto will either take it easier and outbox Antillon even more than he did first time, which is usually the case. Or, getting longer in the tooth as he is, will find it harder to keep Soto off him in another war. I think Soto has enough to take it a bit easier this time though.

Soto is a good champion. So many people think of him as some bum but he's a solid guy who has more than one gear and is a very good example of someone who can not only change it up, but like Barrera etc, changed their style brilliantly to further their career and go the next step. Lots of respect for Soto.

Comment

• Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                It was a great fight. Certainly among the best of the year. Antillon looked much bigger and stronger than Soto and as you said, was able to make him work very hard.

I wonder how the rematch will go? Soto will either take it easier and outbox Antillon even more than he did first time, which is usually the case. Or, getting longer in the tooth as he is, will find it harder to keep Soto off him in another war. I think Soto has enough to take it a bit easier this time though.

Soto is a good champion. So many people think of him as some bum but he's a solid guy who has more than one gear and is a very good example of someone who can not only change it up, but like Barrera etc, changed their style brilliantly to further their career and go the next step. Lots of respect for Soto.
                I don't think Antillon can beat Soto unless he makes big improvements, Soto basically knows what he has to do against Antillon now so unless Antillon really manages to improve I doubt he can do much better.

Comment

• Comment

• Prince Charles Williams against Toney and Merqui Sosa are recommended.

Comment

• I was just about to make a similar thread, but I'm going to use my own format in this. Basically, I'm looking for fights from the following fighters;

Chris Eubank
                      Oscar De La Hoya
                      Juan Manuel Marquez

Looking for their best fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X