Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just finished watching Shumenov-Campillo I.

However, I think I made a mistake somewhere when I had to close the fight. I didn't remember the time on the tracker and the video has no graphics to tell the round or time. I basically had to find my place by skipping forward. I'll have to re-watch it.

From what I did watch, I had it 7-4 in terms of rounds for Campillo, and I had the KDs for both fighters. From what I know about the fight and the flow of it, I suspect I'll have an 115-111, 8-4, decision for Campillo.

Comment

• Penalosa vs Morel

Round 1 Morel (Kind)
      Both guys did so little it was hard to split them,the
      punches they did throw seem to miss

Round 2 Penalosa

Penalosa edged this on his right hook and body work imo,he
      also closed better

Round 3 Penalosa

Morel started well nailing Penalosa on the ropes but Penalosa fought his way back
      into the round and did most of the work for the rest of the round as Morel switched
      off, Penalosa landed straight lefts to head and body

Round 4 Morel

Tough round to score as i had Penalosa just infront but Morel closed better and
      probably landed the best punches of the round so im gonna go for Morel

Round 5 Morel

Simply more active, Penalosa did very little this round.

Round 6 Penalosa
      Penalosa landed the best punch of the fight a straight left he then landed another
      no long after that down the stretch he Penaolsa scored a right hook to.

Round 7 Penalosa
      Close round that was on the table but Penalosa won it down the stretch as he got
      more aggressive

Round 8 Penalosa

This round was close but again Penalosa picked up and Morel did not stay with him
      down the stretch, Penalosa also landed hard to the body this round

Round 9 Penalosa

Penalosa aggression took over a round which was up for grabs.

Round 10 Penalosa

Penalosa more active landing the harder punches and taking this round on his
      aggression body work is grinding Morel down to imo

Round 11 Penalosa

Penalosa overwhelming Morel with his aggression and ****ing him to the body with
      hard shots

Round 12 Penalosa

There were a few rounds (7+8+9) that were close and up for
      grabs but i felt Penalosa did more down the stretch of those
      rounds to punctuate them as Penalosa rounds, Penalosa would
      show willing to close out the round and Morel would not stay
      with him and when the rounds are up for grabs you gotta close
      them out as best you can.

I reckon some might have scored this fight closer but i dont see Morel winning many
      other rounds unless you were being kind to him,Penalose definitely deserved
      the decision and was robbed as far as im concerned.

Morel fought most of the fight moving away and missing most of the punches he
      threw whilst getting hit with hard clean punches by Penalosa,particularly down the
      stretch where Penalose was dominating the fight with his aggression and being more
      active and landing the harder shots. The beginning of the fight was close but Penalosa
      closed this fight out and should of won.

-------------------------------------------------

Concepcion vs Mario Santiago

Round 1 Concepcion

Close round as Santiago dictated the pace of the round but
      was not that effective with his jabbing, Concepcion landed
      a right hand on him mid round then toward the end he closed
      the round out better by landing a series of right hands

Round 2 Concepcion

Santiago did a little better early in the round landing the jab
      but Concepcion took over with his hard right hands he also
      landed solid to the body at one point

Round 3 Santiago (kind)

Tough round to score but i think Santiago was a little more
      consistent altthough i could of scored this round for Concepcion to because
      Concepcion did land the harder shots albeit he was a little less
      active.

Round 4 Concepcion

Another tough round to score because whilst Santiago was active early
      he was not landing anything,most of what he threw was blocked, Concepcion
      did not do a lot either but landed the best punch of the round a hard counter
      right, Santiago came back toward the end and could of taken it but seeing as i gave
      him the benefit of the doubt in the last round im going with Concepcion here. I
      thought either round 3 & 4 could of swung either way.

Round 5 Santiago

Much better round for Santiago as he showed a better defence against Concepcion's
      right hands and he managed to back Concepcion which i felt was key to him having
      more success.

Round 6 Concepcion 10/8

Santiago let Concepcion back him again this round and its no coincidence that Concepcion
      had a good round and nailed him with a series of right hands one of those
      right hands dropped him

Round 7 Santiago

Santiago backed Concepcion and was more consistent and dictated the round imo

Round 8 Concepcion

Santiago dictated the pace of the round but did not do much effective landing.
      I felt Concepcion took the round on his harder punches that he come alive with mid
      round

Round 9 Concepcion

Concepcion switched off down the stretch but i still felt he landed the harder cleaner
      shots over the coarse of the round could of swung to Santiago i guess.

Round 10 Santiago

Excellent round by Santiago as he backed Concepcion
      up and the nailed him on the ropes, Santiago gave up
      the distance laid inside and tried to hammer Concepcion, Concepcion fought back
      mid round but Santiago came back toward the end to continue dominating the round

If only Santiago had tried to back Concepcion up the whole fight i reckon he would of
      won, Concepcion's counter right hand was keeping him in this fight as he was landing
      it hard,clean and often throughout the fight, that said he only seemed to have major
      success with it when he was in centre ring or backing Santiago up when Santiago
      backed him up he was not effective with it.

I do feel Concepcion did enough to win though mainly based on the fact he landed
      the harder punches, Santiago was busy and dictated the pace but a lot of his jabs
      either missed or were blocked and he was throwing punches that had very little on
      them.

---------------------------------------------------

Donaire vs Manuel Vargas

Round 1 Donaire

Donaire pushing Vargas back behind the jab and landing
      counter rights and nice solid left hand,rabbit caught in the
      headlights springs to mind for Vargas.

Round 2 Donaire
      Vargas landed a good right hand but Donaire answered that
      with an even harder right hand and controlled the rest of the
      round

Round 3 Donaire started landing the right hand against then
      he opened up with an impressive combo that dropped Vargas
      who was flat on his back and could not beat the count.

Donaire used his height & reach as he backed Vargas up behind the jab,
      Vargas was never going to get into this fight backing up, not against a guy
      that maintains distance and utilizes that reach by staying disciplined behind the jab.
      Vargas backing up was relying on counters but those counters were not there because
      Donaire did not leave him anything to counter, he worked his way in behind
      the jab and kept it long where the gap between them favoured the rangy fighter
      which was Donaire.

Donaire looks the way he always looks, fast throwing good counter punches, however
      im not sure how much his inside game has improved if at all.
      Last edited by Dynamite Kid; 02-17-2010, 08:23 PM.

Comment

• You leechin' Shumenov-Campillo I?

Comment

• I am still watching Roy Jones Jr fights in blocks and saw some of his fights from 2001-2003 again. I wonder if he retired after the first tarver fight 49-1 as he promised to do unless he got a mega fight with Tyson; how high would he rate P4P?

Have some of my fights in FL so thanks to GReatA i am watching some old Foreman fights. I enjoyed his great battles with Peralta and Lyle again.

Comment

• Barney Ross vs Ceferino Garcia
            Barney Ross vs Henry Armstrong
            Barney Ross vs Jimmy McClarnin

Comment

• Calzaghe vs Kessler

Comment

• Busy night, I started with the Shawn Porter bout on ESPN2, then watched Jesse Ferguson-Obed Sullivan, Jorge Paez-Juan Polo Perez, Nestor Garza-Jesus Sarabia(all from 1998/dvd) and finished with telemundo's Edel Ruiz-Clarence Adams which was a shock. I had watched Bones Adams since he was a kid and now to see him many years later reminds me how old I am.
                P.S. the fight did not go so well for Bones Adams!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
                  Penalosa vs Morel

Round 1 Morel (Kind)

Round 2 Penalosa

also closed better

Round 3 Penalosa

Morel started well nailing Penalosa on the ropes but Penalosa fought his way back
                  into the round and did most of the work for the rest of the round as Morel switched

Round 4 Morel

Round 5 Morel

Round 6 Penalosa
                  Penalosa landed the best punch of the fight a straight left he then landed another

Round 7 Penalosa
                  Close round that was on the table but Penalosa won it down the stretch as he got
                  more aggressive

Round 8 Penalosa

This round was close but again Penalosa picked up and Morel did not stay with him

Round 9 Penalosa

Round 10 Penalosa

Round 11 Penalosa

Penalosa overwhelming Morel with his aggression and ****ing him to the body with
                  hard shots

Round 12 Penalosa

I reckon some might have scored this fight closer but i dont see Morel winning many

threw whilst getting hit with hard clean punches by Penalosa,particularly down the
                  stretch where Penalose was dominating the fight with his aggression and being more
                  active and landing the harder shots. The beginning of the fight was close but Penalosa

Round 1 Concepcion

Round 2 Concepcion

Round 3 Santiago (kind)

active.

Round 4 Concepcion

right, Santiago came back toward the end and could of taken it but seeing as i gave

Round 5 Santiago

Much better round for Santiago as he showed a better defence against Concepcion's
                  right hands and he managed to back Concepcion which i felt was key to him having
                  more success.

Round 6 Concepcion 10/8

Santiago let Concepcion back him again this round and its no coincidence that Concepcion
                  right hands dropped him

Round 7 Santiago

Round 8 Concepcion

I felt Concepcion took the round on his harder punches that he come alive with mid
                  round

Round 9 Concepcion

Concepcion switched off down the stretch but i still felt he landed the harder cleaner

Round 10 Santiago

mid round but Santiago came back toward the end to continue dominating the round

If only Santiago had tried to back Concepcion up the whole fight i reckon he would of
                  won, Concepcion's counter right hand was keeping him in this fight as he was landing
                  it hard,clean and often throughout the fight, that said he only seemed to have major

I do feel Concepcion did enough to win though mainly based on the fact he landed
                  the harder punches, Santiago was busy and dictated the pace but a lot of his jabs
                  either missed or were blocked and he was throwing punches that had very little on
                  them.

Donaire vs Manuel Vargas

Round 1 Donaire

Round 2 Donaire
                  round

that maintains distance and utilizes that reach by staying disciplined behind the jab.
                  Vargas backing up was relying on counters but those counters were not there because
                  which was Donaire.

Donaire looks the way he always looks, fast throwing good counter punches, however
                  Watched George Foreman's 3rd round ko of Scott Ledoux. Totally one-sided. Foreman beat Ledoux's face with a barrage of jabs and hooks before putting him to sleep with a brutal right uppercut. Foreman looked like a linebacker in this fight, at 6'5", 223 pounds. Ledoux had a great jaw, so that ko was mighty impressive.

Comment

• Originally posted by TBear View Post
                    Busy night, I started with the Shawn Porter bout on ESPN2, then watched Jesse Ferguson-Obed Sullivan, Jorge Paez-Juan Polo Perez, Nestor Garza-Jesus Sarabia(all from 1998/dvd) and finished with telemundo's Edel Ruiz-Clarence Adams which was a shock. I had watched Bones Adams since he was a kid and now to see him many years later reminds me how old I am.
                    P.S. the fight did not go so well for Bones Adams!
                    That sucks to here about Bones Adams, I knew he was fighting again and I didn't expect him to go very far but to lose to a fighter of the calibre of Edel Ruiz sucks to hear. I'll remember him for giving a prime Orlando Canizales one of his toughest title fights when he was only 18, or for having a real great fight with Paulie Ayala the first time around arguably beating him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
                      Penalosa vs Morel

Round 1 Morel (Kind)

Round 2 Penalosa

also closed better

Round 3 Penalosa

Round 4 Morel

Round 5 Morel

Round 6 Penalosa

Round 7 Penalosa
                      more aggressive

Round 8 Penalosa

Round 9 Penalosa

Round 10 Penalosa

Round 11 Penalosa

hard shots

Round 12 Penalosa

Round 1 Concepcion

Round 2 Concepcion

Round 3 Santiago (kind)

active.

Round 4 Concepcion

Round 5 Santiago

more success.

Round 6 Concepcion 10/8

right hands dropped him

Round 7 Santiago

Round 8 Concepcion

round

Round 9 Concepcion

Round 10 Santiago

them.

Donaire vs Manuel Vargas

Round 1 Donaire

Round 2 Donaire
                      round

which was Donaire.

Alexis Arguello vs Royal kobayashi from 1975 and Aaron Pryor vs Gaetan Hart from 1980.

Kobayashi was giving Arguello hell until the 5th round, when Arguello began to land some spectacular left hooks. Towards the end of the round, Arguello puts Kobayashi to sleep with a devastating left hook to the body.

Aaron Pryor is Manny Pacquaio as a right handed version. The only difference between these two non-stop fighters is that Pryor can move around the ring and box, while Pac-Man comes right at you. Hart had no shot, was completely befuddled, and was put to sleep by a spectacular right cross in the 6th round.

Comment

Working...
                      X