This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1SILVA View Post
    Johnson is one of the worst broadcasters in the history of boxing. Can someone clue him on the difference between a hook and a cross? Every power punch either fighter threw hi called it a hook. The always capable Bernstein in his analysis called a cross a straight left or right when it was one. Surprised Johnson didn't cry when DeMarco couldn't come out for the 10th round.
    Lol yeah,Valero would dominate the round and De Marco would throw a feeble jab and he would go nutz over it.

I like the excitement he brings but def has a lot! to learn.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
      Lol yeah,Valero would dominate the round and De Marco would throw a feeble jab and he would go nutz over it.

I like the excitement he brings but def has a lot! to learn.
      He's scarily obsessive over one fighter in each fight too and disagrees like an ignoramus against the other commentators, which just makes him look like a ****. Argh! I can't stand him. Worst commentator ever.

Comment

• I never was big on Howard Cosell and his over dramatic approach. Sometimes is best to put the volume down and watch the fight without his big mouth or nuthugging. He definitely was a huge ALI nuthugger. When the fighter he likes connects he exaggerates the drama but when the other guy connects his tone is mellow.

I do like Al Bernstein and Larry Merchant is okay, George Foreman did have some the funniest lines in boxing commentating history. Foreman sometmes made you think WTF HBO was thinking when they hired him?

Comment

• Originally posted by BennyST View Post
          He's scarily obsessive over one fighter in each fight too and disagrees like an ignoramus against the other commentators, which just makes him look like a ****. Argh! I can't stand him. Worst commentator ever.
          Agree. He should be fired immediately!!!!!!

Comment

• I agree about Johnson. I thought he was improving for a little, but know he's just bad.

For any Americans reading this, doesn't he sound like he should be calling NCAA Football or Basketball? That's just my take...

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadows View Post
              For any Americans reading this, doesn't he sound like he should be calling NCAA Football or Basketball? That's just my take...
              You nailed it. When I hear his voice I think March Madness and 12-5 upsets and brackets.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadows View Post
                I agree about Johnson. I thought he was improving for a little, but know he's just bad.

He does NCAA basketball during the tournament. He also is a part time NBA Knicks announcer. He's equally bad there, as he is a total homer for the Knicks and treats each game as its the NBA Finals. He is the African American John Sterling

Comment

• Rahman vs Tua

Round 1 Rahman

Rahman is jabbing Tua's head off this round, Tua eating jabs
                  and throwing the occasional left hook.

Round 2 Rahman

Rahman getting the jab home and hooking with the left hand
                  when Tua gets in close

Round 3 Rahman

Rahman dictating everything with the jab and mixing in the
                  right hands now, Tua way too inactive.

Round 4 Rahman

Rahman dictating with the jab and starting to let his combos
                  go toward the end and he is starting to find a home for that
                  right hand since he has been landing the jab so consistently
                  throughout the fight

Round 5 Rahman

Rahman landed some good right hands this round as
                  he threw some combos, he gave up his height a little in this
                  round as he laid inside.

Round 6 Rahman

Rahman laid inside instead of follow the corners advise to
                  keep it long and as use the stick however he still landed the
                  left hook and chopping rights on the inside

Round 7 Tua (kind)

Im gonna give this round Tua as there was not much in the
                  last round but i still felt Rahman did just about enough inside
                  in round 6, however in this round Tua landed some solid punches
                  on Rahman but Rahman came back down the stretch and
                  nailed Tua a few times, that said im gonna be kind and give this
                  to Tua against my better judgement

Round 8 Rahman

Rahman back on the stick this round making Tua eat the
                  jab,Tua inactive again.

Round 9

Not a bad round for Tua although i still felt Rahman was
                  outpunching him, however toward the end Tua nailed Rahman
                  with a left hook right before the bell and then landed a left
                  after the bell that wobbled him badly.

Terrible stoppage by the referee, Rahman was getting hit but
                  he was not in bad trouble and should of been given more of
                  a chance.

Comment

• Shobox

Francisco Contreras vs Juan Castaneda

Contreras got the jab going early, Castaneda tried to pressure
                    Contreras near the ropes but Contreras nailed him with some hard
                    counters that dropped him,Castaneda sat it out as he did not
                    want to get up, it seems he hurt his left knee when he fell.

Round 1 Hernandez

Both fighters landed power shots on each other although i felt
                    Hernandez landed better clean punches

Round 2 Hernandez
                    Corley was winning on the hard shots he landed early but Hernandez came
                    back mid round and landed more punches imo,Herandez right hands landing.

Round 3 Corley

Tough round to score as both guys landed power shots, Corley kept getting
                    his right hook in whilst Hernandez went to the body and closed a little better, but
                    Corley landed hard right hooks over and over

Round 4 Hernandez

Hernandez is out punching Corley imo,although Corley still had a decent
                    round to.

Hernandez was having his best round in the 5th as he took it to Corley
                    and then scored a devastating knockout.

Hernandez did a great job of going to the body throughout,
                    particularly with the left hook and he landed the right
                    hands on Corley throughout, it must be said that Corley is a
                    140 pounder whilst Hernandez is a WW who looked absolutely
                    huge compared to Corley.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
                      Shobox

Francisco Contreras vs Juan Castaneda

Contreras got the jab going early, Castaneda tried to pressure
                      Contreras near the ropes but Contreras nailed him with some hard
                      counters that dropped him,Castaneda sat it out as he did not
                      want to get up, it seems he hurt his left knee when he fell.

Round 1 Hernandez

Both fighters landed power shots on each other although i felt
                      Hernandez landed better clean punches

Round 2 Hernandez
                      Corley was winning on the hard shots he landed early but Hernandez came
                      back mid round and landed more punches imo,Herandez right hands landing.

Round 3 Corley

Tough round to score as both guys landed power shots, Corley kept getting
                      his right hook in whilst Hernandez went to the body and closed a little better, but
                      Corley landed hard right hooks over and over

Round 4 Hernandez

Hernandez is out punching Corley imo,although Corley still had a decent
                      round to.

Hernandez was having his best round in the 5th as he took it to Corley
                      and then scored a devastating knockout.

Hernandez did a great job of going to the body throughout,
                      particularly with the left hook and he landed the right
                      hands on Corley throughout, it must be said that Corley is a
                      140 pounder whilst Hernandez is a WW who looked absolutely
                      huge compared to Corley.
                      Rahman was robbed in this fight, as was he in the rematch!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X