This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DeeMoney View Post

Shhhh, don't be too loud with that opinion. The sycophants will hunt you down.
    - - All I know is after two fights, Golovkin been fighting on fumes ever since while Canelo chops down fighters like we ain't seen out of the previous gen with the Manny exception.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
      I very carefully scored Triple-G vs Canelo 1. It is impossible to give that fight to Canelo, and almost impossible to score as a draw, but they scored it a draw. Byrd is one of the more half witted judges ever. Or the openly crookedest.
      8-4 GGG for me

Comment

• Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post

- - All I know is after two fights, Golovkin been fighting on fumes ever since while Canelo chops down fighters like we ain't seen out of the previous gen with the Manny exception.
        Substance abuse

Comment

• Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
          I very carefully scored Triple-G vs Canelo 1. It is impossible to give that fight to Canelo, and almost impossible to score as a draw, but they scored it a draw. Byrd is one of the more half witted judges ever. Or the openly crookedest.
          A cursory look at her scores (Byrd) doesn't show her being outside the box often. Her numbers are usually (almost always) consistent with the others. Which seems to suggest crooked more than incompetent (half-witted) come the Canelo fight. Certainly enough money around for it to happen.

But maybe she just doesn't embrace the cautious Eastern European style? I sure don't; boring to watch.

I often find myself watching the other fighter more often because that's where the action begins, and when trying to mock judge a fight it can create a bias.

She has a strong resume in at least the number of fights judged if not many title bouts.

Last edited by Willie Pep 229; 12-30-2021, 06:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post

Father time will do that to the best of us. GGG was already at the tail end of his prime. The fact that Canelo has been doing so well since is of no surprise, he's a monster.
            dreamroom dreamroom likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Willie Pep 229 View Post

A cursory look at her scores (Byrd) doesn't show her being outside the box often. Her numbers are usually (almost always) consistent with the others. Which seems to suggest crooked more than incompetent (half-witted) come the Canelo fight. Certainly enough money around for it to happen.

But maybe she just doesn't embrace the cautious Eastern European style? I sure don't; boring to watch.

I often find myself watching the other fighter more often because that's where the action begins, and when trying to mock judge a fight it can create a bias.

She has a strong resume in at least the number of fights judged if not many title bouts.

Have you ever actually watched any fight, or is coming to a boxing forum something you suddenly decided to do in mid life?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
                Jersey Joe Walcott vs Rocky Marciano II

Checked out how long the count actually lasted and it was about 9 real seconds.

Gene Tunney vs Tommy Gibbons
                Clips of Gene Tunney vs Ted Jamieson

Interesting to see a 21 year old Tunney, still in the army at the time, boxing well vs Jamieson but still quite unpolished compared to the master-boxer who picks apart Gibbons 6 years later.
                Holey moley bro! Tunney was a marine! Semper Fi

Comment

• I got curious about the current state of the smallest division in boxing, straweight. So, I recently watched a title defense by the number one ranked straweight in the world; a Thai named Thammanoon Niyomtrong or as he’s most commonly known, Knockout CP Freshmart. His opponent was a Filipino southpaw named Rey Loreto.

As for my opinion, the fight was overall pretty good. There were even some rounds where, dare I say, it actually kind of felt like a war. Pretty competitive, a lot of punches were thrown as to expected from the smaller weight classes. As an additional treat, there’s also a moment where the referee almost accidentally gets cracked with a stray haymaker; narrowly avoids it, though. I say it’s worth your time, give it a watch.
                  Last edited by Flickergrab98; 01-20-2022, 08:22 PM.

Comment

• Monzon vs Valdez 1&2. Got to watch a master in action.

Comment

• I recently saw Joe Louis vs Billy Conn 1. I haven’t watched that many of Louis’s fights yet, but this is my favorite of his so far. I actually can see myself putting this in my top 10 Heavyweight fights. They weren’t kidding when I heard some people say a lot of power shots were landed in this one.

I’ve also just finished Archie Moore vs Joey Maxim. Another pretty good fight that’s worth your time. Very good performance by the Old Mongoose.
                      Last edited by Flickergrab98; 02-01-2022, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X