Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ive decided to get my black and white on and watch a few of the older fights. I feel ive been missing out some great fights and great moments because I'm not big on grainy footage. Me and my gf have different sleeping patterns at the moment which gives me 2-3 hours in the evening by myself to check out some fights from the past

Watched Marciano vs Jersey Joe Walcott last night.

Very entertaining fight. I always hear JJW was shot for this fight, something which i cant comment on because I havent seen him in his prime, but he still looked pretty decent early on to me. He was landing some good stiff shots that were hurting Marciano, and he was clinching well inside not allowing Rocky to find punching room.

As the fight wore on RM was just too strong and fit inside and he started landing more and more to the body and head. I love his style btw, keeps his head off centre, applies intelligent pressure, goes to body, throws mean shots etc. Great to watch.

Then the KO comes. What a huge shot. I don't think JJW would have got up with a 30 count from that.

I feel in respect to JJW I should go watch a fight from his prime tonight.

Comment

• Ryo Miyazaki vs. Jesus Silvestre. Close fight but I thought the wrong guy won.

Comment

• Kalambay-McCallum I

Good fight, Kalambay practically schooled McCallum, Kalambay was probably the slickest middleweight in history.

Comment

• Naoya Inoue vs Ryoichi Taguchi.
          Inoue is by far my favorite prospect. This was his 4th fight as a pro fighting for the Japanese light flyweight title. Inoue put his speed and power on display but wasnt able to stop Taguchi. But it was t because of a lack of effort. This kid will be champ in his next few fights most likely.

Comment

• Yodmongkol Vor Saengthep vs Koki Eto.

This was a great fight starting from the first round. Eto a huge flyweight gave up his reach and decided to bang with the smaller man. Saengthep got the better of most of the exchanges but Eto was game and landed his share of punches. In the 12th round Eto was hurt badly by a right hand and Saengthep went for the kill unleashing a series of right hands and left hooks. Chasing his man down Koki was still game trying to throw back until a right hand sent him crumbling to the canvass when the ref waved it off. Eto wouldn't have beaten the count but the ref probably could've stopped the fight a little sooner. None the less it was a great fight with a great finish. And it looks like anothe player in the already stacked flyweight division.

Comment

• Prince Charles Williams vs Merqui Sosa

Brutal fight, some great uppercuts in the first four rounds. I think over the 7 rounds it lasted there was an accumulated 60 seconds of outside boxing. The finish was anti climatic, and it was strange to see Sosa celebrating with Williams annoyed about the doctor's decision because I had Sosa winning every round.

Comment

• Koki Kameda vs. Jung-Oh Son

I am becoming a fan of all the Kameda brothers. Too bad we don't get to see more of the championship fights in Japan,.

Comment

• Duran vs Hagler

Comment

• floyd mayweather vs oscar de la hoya

Comment

• Arturo Gatti vs. Leonard Dorin- I remember going into this fight I thought it was going to be a war with Dorin coming out on top. I had seen his fight against Spadafora and I knew Dorin could hold his own. Gatti ended up knocking Dorin out with a body shot in the 2nd round.

Comment

Working...
                      X