No announcement yet.

Most impressive

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most impressive

What is the most impressive feat on this list?

Manny Pacquiao winning titles in 8weigh classes?

Henry Armstrong holing the featherweight, lightweight and welterweight championships simultaneously?

Willie Pep going 134-1-1 before losing to Saddler?

George Foreman regaining the heavyweight title at 45?

Harry Greb going 45-0 in 1919 with wins over 12 hall of fame fighters from middleweight to heavyweight?

I've always thought Armstrong being #1 in 3 divisions in an 8 division era was a completely insane accomplishment.

Comment

My vote goes to Greb's 45 wins in 1919... insanely impressive!

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
        Harry Greb going 45-0 in 1919 with wins over 12 hall of fame fighters from middleweight to heavyweight?
        Greb beat like 16ish HOF guys in his career, more than anyone iirc, you telling me 12 of them were in 1919?

Comment

From that list, I'll go with Armstrong. Although overall, I like Joe Louis 25 title defenses over 11 plus years.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

Greb beat like 16ish HOF guys in his career, more than anyone iirc, you telling me 12 of them were in 1919?
            I would have to look it up, but I believe he fought 5 HOFers in 1919 a total of 12 times while going undefeated that year.

Comment

Henry Armstrong's 3 titles at the same time. Especially when you consider he got a draw for the middleweight title at the time.

Comment

It’s Greb for me. A record to never be broken.
                Bundana Bundana likes this.

Comment

Found this cool collage on Greb vs Tunney.

JAB5239 JAB5239 likes this.

Comment

Tough to call, I think it's a tie between Armstrong and Greb. Armstrong did it when there were only 8 weight classes which makes it even more impressive. Pacquiao could have been champ in 10 weight classes but passed over two of them. Even still 8 is going to be hard to beat.

Comment

Working...
                    X