No announcement yet.

The fights on tommorow Rocky Marciano vs Mike Tyson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post

It's a bad style match-up for Rocky who would be going toe-to-toe and giving up 35 pounds against a natural HW who has been hit by bigger punchers.
    Who hits harder than Rock that Tyson not only absorbed but came out victorious?

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post

one trained for Marathons one trained to keep weight on.

Tyson Fury was 260 and Usyk was 223 (and blown up). This is the modern era. When will you understand that in boxing, weight is just one small factor among many.
      My post had nothing to do with who was better trained, or who would win a marathon race. It wasn't even about who would win a fight between the two - it was solely a reply to your claim, that Marciano was physically stronger than Tyson. Which he of course wasn't!
      Last edited by Bundana; 05-22-2024, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bundana View Post

My post had nothing to do with who was better trained, or who would win a marathon race. It wasn't even about who would win a fight between the two - it was soley a reply to your claim, that Marciano was physically stronger than Tyson. Which he of course wasn't!
        And my post was to bring to light why Marciano was 186 lbs and Tyson was 215.

did you know that Duran was 260 at one point? Buster Douglas was 400.

you make a huge assumption that Tyson is soaked down to his natural weight. Tyson in the 80s was trying to keep weight on him. They had him only running 3-5 miles tops and even with weight on his back sometimes.

marciano and tyson were also very similar weight in the ams (205). Marciano was certainly not trying to keep weight on him. Considering he blew up to 255 in retirement, and to be honest still didn’t look fat.
        Last edited by them_apples; 05-22-2024, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post

And my post was to bring to light why Marciano was 186 lbs and Tyson was 215.

did you know that Duran was 260 at one point? Buster Douglas was 400.

you make a huge assumption that Tyson is soaked down to his natural weight. Tyson in the 80s was trying to keep weight on him. They had him only running 3-5 miles tops and even with weight on his back sometimes.

marciano and tyson were also very similar weight in the ams (205).
          I'm not assuming anything!

What the **** is all this, "Duran was 260 at one point", "soaked down to his natural weight", "running 3-5 miles", "very similar weight in the ams" nonsense?

Nothing of this has anything to do, with how the two would shape up, physically, against each other in a prime vs prime fantasy match. Does anyone here really believe, that the tiny Marciano would actually be stronger than the 30 lbs heavier Tyson?
          Last edited by Bundana; 05-22-2024, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bundana View Post

I'm not assuming anything!

What the **** is all this, "Duran was 260 at one point", "soaked down to his natural weight", "running 3-5 miles", "very similar weight in the ams" nonsense?

Nothing of this has anything to do, with how the two would shape up, physically, against each other in a prime vs prime fantasy match. Does anyone here really believe, that the tiny Marciano would actually be stronger than the 30 lbs heavier Tyson?
            - - It's dim apples.

Duran did blow up to 250 post career for a spell, but eventually came down to his fighting weights, but has been sick recently such that now he looks like a little old man.

13 year old Tyson under Cus is easily 180 stout lbs then, and without weight training fought at his natural fight weights of 215-220. He never grew tubby like Ali and Lar did but eventually got up near 240 lbs still ripped.

Comment

Working...
            X